The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Assistant – U.S Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-063
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: FP – 1805 7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: FP-7
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Under the general direction of the Information Systems Officer. The incumbent assists the Information Systems Center with managing and administering the embassy’s OpenNet network, Classified network, secure voice and data processing equipment.
- Assist with the Diplomatic Pouch and mail operations. Maintain COMSEC accountability.
- The incumbent will be assigned special projects supporting Mission needs. Position will require Top Security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Two years of computer-related working experience is required.
- Knowledge of Information Technology systems, functions, personnel, and practices of the Consulate and its associated agencies.
- Must understand network and computer systems and basic electronics.
- Must be familiar with all industry standard tools, test equipment, and procedures for running cables, terminating cables, installing patch panels, installing workstations, servers, printers and other peripherals.
- Completion of university studies is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Level IV speaking/reading English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven technical skills in troubleshooting and resolving Information Technology and Communications hardware and software issues is essential.
- Must be fully familiar with the Windows 10 Operating System.
- Must have the ability to manually exchange/repair electronic equipment as necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills are required.
- Keyboard skills that include a good working speed is required.
- Basic numerical skills are required for asset management.
- Must be able to lift boxes and pouch bags that weigh up to 70 pounds. Top Secret Security clearance is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $38,056 / Annual
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Apply To This Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Degree with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000; HRNigeria@state.gov
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;