Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit a self-motivated and highly qualified person to fill the position below in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Internal Audit Advisor
Employment Type: Full Time
Duration of Contract: 24 Months
- This position will be responsible for carrying out the audit review of SFH HQ Departments and SFH Projects particularly GF Malaria.
- Also, to be involved in the day-to-day activities of the Internal Audit Department as the need arise.
- Supervise and review work of Internal Audit Officers assigned to him/her.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Review of financial activities of Sub-recipients and Sub-contractors to ensure compliance to contract terms, donor rules and regulations.
- Audit of SFH field offices to ensure compliance to policies and complete documentation relating to GF Grant.
- Conduct semi-annual review of SFH Head Office GF operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as per SFH and donor rules on financial reporting, procurement, payroll etc.
- Assist in supervising/reviewing Officers deliverables to ensure they meet stated standards.
- To serve as an observer during mid-year and annual stock count and fixed asset count for GF products.
- Assess internal control systems in place and make recommendations.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree in Accounting or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Must possess the ACA qualification.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years audit experience with progressively increasing responsibility in supervising and leading audit jobs and making reasonable recommendations to Management.
- Possession of CISA qualification will be an advantage
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Analytical Skills and IT audit knowledge
- Knowledge of Risk-based, Agile Audit and financial audit and controls
- Knowledge of Risk Management, IT audit, investigation, audit analytical tool and ERP
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities (frauds, IIA standards etc)
- Good team spirit, goal-oriented and target focused
- Good command of English language communication and presentation skills
- Good initiative, analytical thinking and strategic focus.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;