The West African Examinations Council is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required inthe public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to fill the vacant position below in its Nigeria National Office and WAEC International Office, Lagos Nigeria:
Job Title: Internal Auditor II
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be assigned duties in the Audit Department of the WAEC International Office, Lagos and will be required to assist in:
- Evaluating Internal Control and make recommendation on how to improve
- Evaluating the reliability, sufficiency and validity of accounting and relevant data (information)
- Objectively assessing IT/Business Process, Identify shortfall and gaps
- Ensuring compliance with Policies, Procedures, relevant Laws and Statutes
- Assuring safeguards of assets
- Preparing timely periodic reports for management consideration
- Evaluating whether risks relating to strategic objectives are identified and managed appropriately
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess Bachelor’s Degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) in Accounting or any other relevant discipline.
- Be an associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or ACA.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC relevant work experience.
- Possess five (5) credits in SSCE/WASSCE including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants shouls not be more than forty (40) years of age as at the close of the advertisement.
- They must have undergone the mandatory one (1) year National Youth Service.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be self-motivated and able to write good reports, analyse and review research reports;
- Be able to work extra hours with little or no supervision;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser / planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary paid by the Council is very attractive.
- Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience.
- The successful applicant will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be assured of full career development within the organisation.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb, width between 400pixels to 1200pixels and height between 600pixels to 1500pixels
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application details should be completed and submitted not later than the closing date.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know