The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Accounts
Division: Finance and Management Services
- Prepare Commission’s financial statements and performance reports and identify areas requiring improvement.
- Implement stragtegies for minimising financial risk to the company.
- Analyse technical financial data and prepare periodic reports.
- Implement and maintain financial policies and procedures for the Commission.
- Remittance of Taxes and other deductions to statutory.
- Develop and monitor budget implementation of Commission’s Budget, revenue classification and recognition.
- Vetting, proofing and uploading of payment schedules.
- Assist in preparation of cash flow & other forecasts.
- Assist in preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Review Final Account and other periodic reports.
- Review and provide response to other statutory monitoring agencies.
- Assist in the preparation/Review of draft Management Accounts and Reports.
- Developing financial models and providing financial forecasts for decision makers.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills:
- First Degree Minimum of Second Class upper in Accounting or related fields (Possession of ICAN, ACCA, ANAN is mandatory).
- Minimum years of experience: Minimum of 9 years work experience in Finance or Accounting role (Age limit 30-32 years)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) & Accounting Software Solution.
- Good mathematical skills and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of IFRS.
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know