Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, CS Core Planning
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- The prospective role holder will define the optimal topology of the circuit switched core network to meet a premium service level and architecture;
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the core network;
- Also would evaluate delivery of CS core projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the CS Core Network by 2G/3G/LTE access technologies.
- Drive planning and design excellence by providing quality solutions to business requirements at reduced cost/time.
- Plan and facilitate the long term network evolution of CS core network within best industry practices with a side emphasis on improving CAPEX productivity and service offerings for competitive advantage.
- Facilitate the establishment of high levels of reliability and redundancy in the core network.
- Ensure that all CS core nodes (MSS, MGW, TSC, HLR, STP, etc.) are functional as per the business and network requirements including those in the EPC/LTE domain.sa
- Effective lifecycle management of core elements under responsible area.
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and complies with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Ensure proactive network dimensioning and perform adequate expansions to cater for increasing traffic requirements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all MPC/EPC related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP)
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to evaluate progress and seamless delivery of Core network projects and deployment of key networks systems from initial design to full operational handover.
- Derive maximum commercial benefit from CAPEX commitments in terms of injected capacity and services by ensuring all dependent enablers and functionality to deliver optimum services are fully implemented and functioning according to design specification.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for new products and services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Engage with business teams to understand functional needs/business problems and concerns and come up with possible plans/solutions to address these requirements cost effectively
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas to solution design of new services; where required research into new technology and development in Telecommunication industry with regards to Voice and Multimedia services.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering.
- Detailed working Telecommunications experience with sound knowledge of mobile network planning and optimization.
- Minimum of 5 years varied experience in planning, implementation, operation and maintenance with a Mobile Telecommunications Network Operator or Vendor
- Vendor experience – HUAWEI, ERICSSON, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms and packet core architectures – Including Charging nodes in data networks.
- Previous O&M understanding is an added advantage.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Analytical and Presentation skills.
- An excellent understanding of the underlying IP transport networks with applications to converged networks would be of much added benefits.
- Experience of the commercial deployment of a mobile/enhanced core network, which could include design, test and/or deployment.
- Good understanding of Interrelated domains (circuit & packet core, online & offline charging, IN protocols, next generation technologies e.g. IMS) required.
- Also a very good understanding of access network technologies (BSC, RNC) as related to core and the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know