The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its headquarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Engineering Standards
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Participate in the development and regular update of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry’s (NESI) technical standards, technical Codes for power generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Participate in the review and update of National engineering standards with reference to other international standards.
- Provide technical inputs in the development of new standards for the Power Industry in Nigeria.
- Initiate the review of existing standards or creating new standards for the Power sector whenever the need arises through the relevant standard organizations in charge of standards.
- Represent the Commission on Standard Committees.
- Provide expert advice on engineering standards to the Commission.
- Participate and represent the Commission on the relevant technical Code Review Panels.
- Follow up to ensure that the Codes panels submit their annual budgets to the Commission for approval on time and facilitate Commission’s review and approval.
- Follow up to ensure timely re-constitution of all Codes Review Panels as enshrined in the various Codes.
- Provide the needed support to ensure effective compliance monitoring with the Codes by all Licensees.
- Interface with relevant Units of the Engineering, Performance & Monitoring Division and other stakeholders to ensure synergy on the development and review of technical Codes.
- Advise the Engineering, Performance, and monitoring Division/Commission on any technical code issues.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Bias in Power Systems/or Electrical Services)
- Minimum years of experience: 9 years
- Team player, Works well under Pressure, Self-Starter
- Modelling Applications, Project Management Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Sound knowledge of the application of the following packages: NEPLAN, MATLAB, PSCAD, PSSE, Engineering Modelling Applications, Project Management Softwares, Metering Management Applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Phyton, SQL, Advanced Excel.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know