KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Information Risk Management / IT Audit
Job Code: 150992BR
Service Line: Audit
Industry Sector / s: Technology
Job Level: Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- In KPMG’s Audit practice, we place Information Risk Management (IRM) at the heart of our Audit process and recognize the vital role that Information Technology plays for both our clients and the effectiveness of Audit as a function.
- Our team represents a dynamic and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. IRM specialists assist engagement teams in determining the effect of information technology (IT) related risks on the audit, understanding these risks in relation to the IT control environments over the relevant financial reporting related applications and platforms, and determining an audit approach to respond to the risk of material misstatement as a result of the IT risks relevant to the financial statement audit.
- Our professionals do this by leveraging our strong industry, IT control and technology focus and experience; deploying leading methodologies and tools; applying our objectivity; using a balanced approach to growth and risk; utilizing our comprehensive global breadth and local knowledge; and calling upon our deep understanding of relevant business, financial, and regulatory inter-dependencies.
- The role is client-focused and involves planning, supervising and delivering IT audit and assurance-based engagements for clients, with a focus on audit quality.
- The role entails being responsible for completing all aspects of the engagement lifecycle, including engagement execution and delivering, supervision and coaching of junior staff, transferring technical knowledge, writing reports, and communicating with engagement partners.
- The role also has operational accountability and responsibility for the quality of the work in performing information technology audit assistance work.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Audit leadership in delivering technology risk services
- Generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the markets in conjunction with the Audit leadership team.
- Develop internal networks and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in the wider Audit and Advisory areas
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of IT audit and assurance engagements
- Complete task and deliverables to a high-quality standard as part of the audit – working to an agreed plan, budget and quality
- Assist with scoping, financial management, delivery risk management and the initial review of deliverables
- Keep senior IRM members informed of significant developments and progress on the engagement
- Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
- Identify and use the most appropriate IRM technology tools to complete and document audit work
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills exceptional interpersonal skills; able to gain the confidence and respect of senior-level executives
- Promote a collaborative culture encouraging constructive working relationships with the audit team and others
- Recognized relevant qualification (e.g. CISA or CISM)
- Qualified accountants (ACA / ACCA) – preferable
- Minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
Experience and Background:
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and express opinions clearly to all levels of staff
- Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Proven experience (over 7 years) of successfully delivering and managing a large IT audit external audit portfolio and assurance services (including external / internal audits) to clients within a Big Four firm (or over 8 years’ experience in any of the following areas: internal IT audit, risk assessment or business process reengineering)
- Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within industry sectors
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within industry sectors
- Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
- Experience in the identification and communication of IT audit findings to senior management and clients
- Strong teamwork ability and able to work independently.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.