The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Regulatory Financial Reporting Analysis
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Undertake detailed analysis of financial statements of Licensees and identifies any regulatory and statutory compliance issues.
- Carry out detailed analysis and advice on different financial parameters for tariff determination.
- Evaluate licensees’ business plans, budgets and program and advices on the appropriate capital and operating expenditures as well as establish investment trends in the various sectors.
- Conduct the necessary analysis and provides input into the determination of license fees, levies and other charges.
- Review licensees’ requests for pass through costs and carry-out reconciliation of pass through costs.
- Participate in the on-site review and examination of licensees’ financial and accounting records.
- Assist in preparing periodic reports relevant to the functions and activities of the Group and the Division.
- First Degree in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering and any numerate discipline.
- Possession of a Professional accounting qualification is necessary (ACCA, ACA, CNA, CPA). Possession of a CFA certificate will be an added advantage.
- Minimum years of work experience: 9 years and not more than 40 years of age.
- Relevant working experience (including NYSC) obtained in the NESI or in a Nigerian electricity sector reform agency, an academic institution, a Nigerian or foreign or international financial commercial, industrial or regulatory institution, enterprise or NGO in a relevant sector, a multilateral development institution, and or a consulting or professional services firm with demonstrable experience in auditing, cost and management accounting.
- Experience working with and building financial/economic models is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022. (12:00 Midnight)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know