Masters Study in the USA: If you want to obtain your Master’s degree and your study destination is the USA, this article is for you. This post is a complete guide on how to go about your Master’s study in the USA for international students. It X-rays the cost of master’s study in the USA, master’s degree scholarships in the USA, one-year master’s program in the USA, cheapest Master’s degree in the USA, and how to study for master’s for free in the USA.
Also, it explains the requirements for a master’s degree in the USA, Cheap master’s degree programs and universities, and more.
Without further ado, Let’s get started!!!
As the world’s most popular study-abroad destination, the USA has plenty to offer you as an international postgraduate. You’ll be one of over 900,000 overseas students, many studying in the country’s renowned graduate programs.
Read on to discover the cheapest Master’s degree in the USA!!!
What you should know about Master’s Study in the USA
America isn’t just the most popular choice for international study. It’s also one of the biggest. With 50 states, 9.8 million square miles, and over 4,300 higher education providers, there’s much to consider when considering a Master’s study in the USA. Here’s some info you should know.
- There are over 4,300 universities and other higher education providers in the USA. Only around 1,700 of them offer Masters-level degrees.
- The USA is the home of world-class universities.
- Master in the USA is not cheap, but there are many funding opportunities for postgraduate students.
- The USA is the most popular study destination for international students
- The master’s course duration is 2 Years.
- We know the USA for its research-centric teaching. So if you love research, then the USA is your best bet.
- Students pursuing Master’s study in the USA take several technical courses and thesis writing courses, depending on their degree goal.
You can do your Master’s for free!!! Discover the master’s degree scholarships in the USA below!!!
What Requirements are needed for my Master’s Study Program in the USA?
If you’re wondering what the requirements for a master’s study program in the USA are, this section answers that.
Know that requirements differ from University to university. Every university has different criteria for admission to MS in the USA. But the basic requirements for a master’s study program are:
- 16 years of previous education (So qualification of 10+2+ four year degree programs; 10+3 year diploma + 3 year degree; 10+2+ 3 year degree (Indian B.Sc) + 2 year masters (M.Sc) are eligible)
- Standardized tests score (like GRE)
- English Language Proficiency Score (like IELTS/TOEFL/PTE)
- Official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resumé for MBA programs
- Relevant work experience shown on a strong CV
- A personal statement or Essay
- Plus, specific requirements for individual courses
These are the requirements for a master’s study program in the USA. It’s advised you get these requirements ready on time.
Check out the cheapest Master’s degree in the USA and one-year master’s programs in the USA!!!
Top Best schools for Master’s Programs in the USA
Master’s study in the USA is a great option. It becomes more splendid if you offer it in one of the best schools. Some of the best schools for master’s programs in the USA include the following;
- Princeton University
- The University of Tampa
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Harvard University,
- Yale University,
- Columbia University
- California State University Los Angeles Campus
- New York University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of California – Berkeley Campus
- Northeastern university
- Stanford University
- The University of Chicago
- Duke University,
- California Institute of Technology
Based on research and study, these are considered the best schools for master’s programs in the USA.
Read on to discover the cost of a Master’s study in the USA. Also, Master’s degree scholarships in the USA for international students
Cheap Master’s Degree in the USA
Studying master’s in the USA can be expensive, but its cost can be reduced if you study at cheap universities. Provisions have been made for cheap Master’s degrees in the USA. Here’s a list of schools that offer cheap master’s degrees in the USA;
- University at Buffalo—SUNY
- The University of Michigan
- Colorado State University
- The University of Washington
Note that these cheap Master’s degree programs in the USA are of quality.
Read on to discover a one-year Master’s degree program in the USA
Is there a one-year Master’s Degree Program in the USA?
As more and more students look forward to earning a master’s degree at an international university, many want to earn their degree quickly. Fortunately, universities in the USA have one-year master’s programs.
If you’re wondering what a one-year master’s program is, here it is. One-year Master’s programs in the USA are accelerated programs that are fast-paced and in-depth program, allowing international students to earn their degree in less than regular time.
Here is a list of schools that offer a one-year master’s program in the USA
- The New school
- American University Washington DC
- The University of Minnesota
- University of San Francisco
- CSU-Global Campus
- University of North Texas–Online.
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- The University of Miami
- California State University East Bay.
- Benedictine University Online
- University of Texas–Rio Grande Valley
- Campbell University,
- California Baptist University
- Concordia University-Portland
- Lamar University
- Southern New Hampshire University
Check out these schools and find out if they offer a one-year master’s program for your course and apply. Not to forget, the one-year Master’s program is faster and widely recognized.
See the cost of a master’s study in the USA below!!!
How do I Apply for a Master’s Degree in the USA?
If you have earned your bachelor’s degree, you can apply to a university or an online master’s program. Whether you have just graduated from college and want to continue your education in a certain field or have a job but want to boost your career and pay grade, a master’s degree might help. To apply for a Master’s study in the USA, you should:
Select your Program
Determine whether you want to apply to a physical university or if an online program better suits your time and budget (particularly if you plan to maintain your current job while pursuing your degree).
Review your Previous Courses.
Find out if your chosen graduate program has prerequisites such as prior science courses or language skills. You might take classes as a non-degree-seeking student to make up for missing credits before applying to graduate programs.
Complete any Necessary Tests.
Determine whether you need to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) for admittance. You might not need the GRE for online graduate programs, whereas top universities typically require a minimum score.
Get Letters of Recommendation.
If possible, get recommendations from the respected faculty at your alma mater. However, if you have been out of school for a while, you can ask managers at your current or previous jobs.
Prepare your Written Materials.
Put together a strong writing sample (if needed) and a personal statement on what you want to pursue and accomplish in graduate school.
Meet the Deadlines.
Graduate school application deadlines are often in December for students applying to the following year’s fall program. To complete all testing and writing samples and collect the recommendations and transcripts you need, it is best to begin beginning the process a year before the application deadline.
- Applying for a master’s degree or a ‘graduate’ degree in the US involves applying to the grad school directly. It is a matter of checking the grad school’s website for the application procedure or contacting the grad school directly.
- Before leaving to study in the US to study, a non-immigrant visa is required. The F-1 visa is the most common student visa; it entitles the holder to study at any US-accredited university or grad school.
- Applying for a student visa is fairly straightforward. They can download an application form from the US embassy website. An acceptance letter, proof of academic qualifications, and financial standing are also required. Attending an interview at a nearby US embassy may also be necessary. Proof of having study-abroad travel and health insurance is another requirement.
Following these carefully, your application for a Master’s study in the USA is 80% successful.
Check out the cost of a master’s study in the USA!!!
Cost of Master’s Degree for International Students in the USA
Doing your Master’s study in the USA is expensive owing to quality education in practical and theory. This section seeks to enlighten you on the cost of a master’s study in the USA.
It’s expedient you know that how much a master’s degree costs depends on several factors such as;
- The University
- Program of study
- Length of the program
- Mode of study; online or offline
- Tuition payment structure, whether in-state or out-state
According to research, the average cost of a master’s degree for students in the USA is between $30,000 and $120,000, depending on the abovementioned factors. Tuition fees in the US are often higher than in Europe. The average tuition fee for an international student for a master’s degree is around $20,000 a year at public universities and $28,000 to $40,000 a year at private universities.
What’s the Average Cost of Living in the USA as a Masters Student?
The average cost of living in the USA depends on location, lifestyle, choice, and personality. Below you can see some basic cost-of-living indicators in the USA.
Basic Monthly Living Cost in USD
- Rent in a shared flat is $727
- Utilities. $54
- Internet subscription $65
- Local transportation is $72
Sample Lifestyle Cost in USD
- Fast-Food combo $8
- Cinema ticket $12
- A pint of local beer is $5
It will make a living in the USA cheaper if you choose a moderate lifestyle. You came for studies, so first things first.
Consider the cheap online master’s degree below!!!
What’s the Cheapest US Master’s Degree Online?
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Fort Hays State University
- Old Dominion University
- Strayer University
- Campbells Ville University
- The University of Arkansas
- Graceland University
- University of the Cumberlands
- Missouri State University
We consider these cheap master’s degree universities in the USA. The cheapest is the Georgia Institute of Technology, with a tuition of $2,550. Check out the school’s website for clarity and directness for a cheap Master’s degree in the USA.
Master’s Degree Scholarships in the USA
The University of Alabama
Go clean scholarship
Hani Zeini scholarship
Global study award
Frequently Asked Questions about Master’s Study in the USA
How do I study in the USA for free?
There are three ways.
Tuition-Free Universities and Colleges
Get Fully Funded Scholarships from Universities
Get General Scholarships
What is the USA Masters GPA requirement?
Most master’s programs require minimum GPAs of 3.0 or 3.3; the USA is no exception. Usually, this minimum is necessary, but not sufficient, for admission. Your GPA can keep the door from shutting in your face, but many other factors come to play in getting accepted to graduate school, and your GPA usually won’t guarantee admission, no matter how good it is.
Is a Master’s study in the USA difficult?
Pursuing an MS degree from the US is not at all difficult; however, to pursue an MS degree from a university in the US you need to have a good academic record. You need a relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a good academic record, preferably 60%-70% plus in graduation. You also need to take GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS.
What are the language requirements for master’s study in the USA?
If English is not your first language, most grad schools require that you complete a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test to prove your English proficiency. Find an English language program in the UK.
Master’s study in the USA for international students is a great option. It’s advised to get into the best schools for the master’s program in the USA. For accelerated programs, check out one-year master’s programs in the USA; considering the cost of master’s study in the USA, look out for Master’s degree scholarships in the USA for international students. Don’t let cost kill your dreams, look out for a cheap Master’s degree in the USA.
We hope you found this article helpful and enlightening.