Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organization in Nigeria, implementing programmes in malaria prevention, and treatment, Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, new-born, and child health care. SFH ignites the power of health system thinking and market shaping to transform health outcomes.
An emerging pan African organisation, we provide a partnership platform to communities, donors, the private sector and government to co-create and implement actions that create real and measurable impact at individual, family, society and country levels. In a career at SFH, you will be the centre of making all these happen. You will be joining a team of problem solvers, with real passion to change the world in a fast-paced environment. We are a truly Nigerian rooted organisation with global standards and a diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive, and collaborative – and in providing a work environment that encourages our employees to be their best.
We are recruiting passionate, self-motivated, and highly qualified individuals to fill the underlisted vacant position, in response to organisational expansion:
Job Title: Medical Records Officer
Job ID: sfh-97686
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for talented people with a track record of high performance and passion for providing healthcare for their community to join our vibrant workforce under our Enhancing PHC for UHC (A2F) scheme. SFH is recruiting staff to work in PHC facilities in Delta State.
- The successful candidate will work in one of the SFH’s PHC centres in Delta State under the scheme.
- The Medical Record Officer will manage all client related documents /records and folders in the facility and compile all necessary statistics of client’s management for the health insurance scheme for SFH. He/she will report to the managing physician.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Gathering patient demographic and personal information.
- Issuing medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations.
- Helping with departmental audits and investigations.
- Maintaining quality and accurate records by following hospital procedures.
- Ensuring that all medical records are protected and kept confidential.
- Filing all patients’ medical records and information.
- Supplying the nursing department with the appropriate documents and forms.
- Completing clerical duties, including processing patient admission and discharge records.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess an appropriate certification from a recognized institution.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience; especially in a Hospital setting.
- Valid practicing licence from the relevant body.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite at the minimum. Other computer skills will be of added advantage
- Previous experience in maintaining medical records in a facility under a managed care system will be of added advantage.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Excellent skills in record keeping.
- Good relationship management/ interpersonal skills, as well as interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member and be able to function independently on the job whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on patients’ medical records
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload
- Can speak a language in the state of implementation
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is based on industry standards, and designed to attract, motivate, and incentivise talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know