APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor
Req ID: api-05611
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor to lead its monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Activities will include strengthening the Monitoring and Evaluation systems of GON agencies and Implementing partners.
- The successful candidate will work in collaboration with the other unit leads to ensure the strengthening and utilization of national health information systems to generate high-quality data for decision-making.
- S/He will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up priority health information systems at all levels of the health system.
- S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC, and other stakeholders to strengthen the National Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- S/He will also lead Data Quality Assurance activities aimed at improving the fidelity of data in the country.
- The Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor reports directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance Lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, roll out and manage all monitoring and evaluation activities for the project.
- Supervise the implementation of systems and structures for the implementation and support of routine quarterly DQAs.
- Supervise the Senior Technical Officer (Quality Improvement) in the implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Support Implementing partners in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Surveillance reporting of GON and PEPFAR indicators using the National HIS platforms
- Lead the implementation of an M&E system capable of near real-time tracking of performance and using the data to adjust implementation for optimal performance
- Supervise training and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the National SKM TWG activities in partnership with GON stakeholders
- Work with the Surveillance lead in the design and roll-out of strategies to strengthen the implementation of Recency, CBS, Mortality, and Drug Resistance Surveillances.
- Lead the development and update of technical guides, SOPs, and other governance documents for Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design and implement projects and training for building the Capacity of Implementing partners, MOH Stakeholders, and other stakeholders.
- Design and roll out data dissemination and Use products.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- MBBS, MPH, Masters of Science in Epidemiology and /or Statistics and other relevant areas.
- 5 years of experience implementing HIS programs with at least 3 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of CDC-funded programs.
- Highly proficient in DHIS2 for aggregate reporting.
- Experience in DHIS2 training and roll-out is also desired.
- At least 2 years of experience at a Senior Officer level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- At least 2 years of experience working in developing countries
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know