Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor
Ref No: sfh-00431
Locations: Zamfara, Kebbi, and Sokoto States
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
- This position will be responsible for overseeing strategic information (SI) and M&E activities in the implementation States.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Take full responsibility for the quality of data generated and reported by the project states where they are assigned.
- Ensure that the project state fulfils all its reporting obligations to the funders, government, and SFH.
- Ensure that data generated in the state is used to inform the progress of the project at both state and project levels and contribute to the universal body of learning.
- Ensure support efforts at improving information flow and existing systems.
- Must possess a First Degree in Statistics / Economics / Medical / Behavioural / Social Sciences or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- A Master’s Degree in Demography, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Biostatistics / Statistics is required for this role.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience in M&E with HIV treatment project funded by PEPFAR/USAID
- Must have some working knowledge of surveillance and/or research with wide-ranging knowledge of research methodologies.
- Must have in-depth experience in preparing research for publications and presenting research findings to public health and policy specialists, media, and the public.
- Must possess the ability to analyse and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Knowledge of DHIS database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have proven experience working in a fast-paced non-governmental environment, and with a variety of donors.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Computer literacy & strong analytical skills including advanced use of Excel
- Knowledge in using various databases including EMRs and DHIS2.
- Conversant with USAID MER indicators, and national HIV&AIDS M&E and PMM tools
- Supervisory Skills: Proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading an SI team to successful outcomes.
- Knowledge and skills in the use of databases including EMR and DHIS2.
- Data Analysis and creating of visualizations, and ability to use data to determine key MER indicators
- Developing and implementing a DQA system
- Knowledge of MER and DCTs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Team player works under pressure to meets deadlines.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with attention to details
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;