FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director
Requisition ID: 2021201859
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full Time
- FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning on an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.’
- The Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
- S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project knowledge management strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information;
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E;
- Develop and implement appropriate guidelines to support USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts and USAID’s Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results, contribute to national data collection and information systems, ensure data quality;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement.
- Guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- A Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or a related discipline
- At least 12 years of experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for public health programs in developing countries, practical experience with HIV/AIDS programs preferred
- At least 10 years management and/or strategic leadership experience
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This job details should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this job details at any time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others and yourself.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know