The Morehouse College Acceptance Rate is highly competitive and selective.
Atlanta, Georgia’s Morehouse College is a private historically black men’s liberal arts institution. East of Ashview Heights, the college’s main campus, which spans 61 acres (25 ha) and is located close to downtown Atlanta, is supported by several residence halls and academic facilities.
The college is a part of the Atlanta University Center consortium, along with Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University, and the Morehouse School of Medicine.
However, following the Civil War, William Jefferson White established Morehouse College, which followed the concept of a seminary institution and placed a strong emphasis on religious instruction in the Baptist tradition. The college has been crucial in the growth of the civil rights movement and racial equality in the United States.
Also, Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees can be awarded by Morehouse College thanks to accreditation from the Commission and Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
In addition, the Howard Thurman Honors Program, a prestigious four-year program that offers unique learning opportunities for students with exceptional intellectual capacity, great desire, and wide-ranging interests, is one of the more than 30 majors that Morehouse University offers.
- Why Choose Morehouse College?
- What is the Morehouse College Acceptance Rate?
- What is Morehouse College Tuition?
- What is the Morehouse College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the Morehouse College Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Necessary Requirements For Morehouse College?
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For Morehouse College?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into Morehouse College?
- What is The Morehouse College Deadline?
- What Are The Morehouse College Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Why Choose Morehouse College?
The only historically Black, all-male four-year liberal arts college is Morehouse College. It is known for giving Black guys a solid intellectual foundation.
Also, well-known political and arts figures are drawn to the institution to speak at student activities.
Students who want to major in business, economics, sociology, or political science should choose this course of study.
Additionally, Morehouse is an all-male liberal arts college that attracts a lot of male applicants due to its high placement in several HBCU rankings and admission rate of almost 100%.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
What is the Morehouse College Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate at Morehouse College is 58 percent, and admission is moderately selective.
The entering first-year students’ average ACT composite scores range from 20 to 25, while their scores in math and English range from 18 to 26.
Also, the entering freshmen’s average SAT evidence-based English and Mathematics scores range from 510 to 610 and 500 to 600, respectively.
In addition, high school students with strong academic performance and extracurricular activities are admitted to college.
What is Morehouse College Tuition?
The Morehouse College (Morehouse) tuition and fees for students in 2022 are $29,468.
The average award amount is $19,557, and 76% of enrolled undergraduate students have received grants or scholarships.
Consequently, the total cost after financial aid is deducted, which includes tuition, fees, books & supplies, and living expenses, is $30,143.
Also, its undergraduate tuition and fees are less than the typical tuition for institutions of a similar caliber ($42,933 – private (not-for-profit) Baccalaureate College – Arts & Sciences). The cost of attending Morehouse has increased by more than 5% this academic year (2022).
Don’t Fail to Also Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate 2022| Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is the Morehouse College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
Morehouse College got 215 transfer candidates in 2022, and the school admitted 77 pupils.
As a result, Morehouse College’s transfer admission rate is 35.81 percent. This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll in Morehouse College.
Additionally, 43 of the 77 transfer students who were approved enrolled, making the yield 55.84 percent.
Therefore, out of every 100 transfer students, Morehouse College accepts 36.
Morehouse College accepts a competitive 35.81 percent of transfer applicants.
You should have a current GPA of at least 3.33 and ideally around 3.46 if you want to transfer to Morehouse College. Additionally, you will be required to provide your test results.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is the Morehouse College Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Morehouse College acceptance rate by major include:
- Business Administration and Management, General- 27%
- Sociology, General- 9%
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General- 8%
- English Language and Literature, General- 7%
- Psychology, General- 7%
- Economics, General- 6%
- Political Science and Government, General- 5%
- Sports, Kinesiology, and Physical Education/Fitness, General- 5%
- Computer and Information Sciences, General- 4%
- Drama and Dramatics/Theatre Arts, General- 3%
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Morehouse College?
For Undergraduate Admissions
Along with certain online degrees and certification programs, Morehouse College offers 29 minors and 32 undergraduate majors.
Application Fees: 50 USD
- Official transcript from high school. Every transcript needs to be reviewed by the accredited agency.
- As evidence of English proficiency, a TOEFL score
- SAT/ACT results
- Two letters of recommendation and a letter of recommendation from a teacher
- A personal statement or essay
- Recommendation from a high school guidance counselor
- Personal interview
For International Students
Both domestic and international applicants must go through the same admissions process at the Morehouse College. Any questions about the application process, enrollment, or immigration can be sent to the Morehouse College International Students Advisor.
Application Fees: 50 USD
- Official transcript from high school
- Proof of English proficiency
- Completion of all high school exams at the national and regional levels
- US standardized test scores
- Recommendation letter
- A personal statement or essay
- Bank Statements
- I-20 form
- Copy of passport
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Morehouse College?
After completing 26 semester hours at a recognized college, you are eligible to apply as a transfer student.
The transfer applicants will be requested to:
- Submit an essay
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a member of the faculty and the other from a member of the administration from the previous college you attended.
- Finish at least 60 semester hours. Normally, if the previous college is authorized, you receive a C or better in the course, and we offer a comparable course, you can transfer up to 60 semester hours (or the equivalent) to Morehouse course credit.
- Submit all official transcripts
Also Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Morehouse College?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but in reality, this is frequently the barest minimum that is needed to submit an application without it being rejected right away.
The GPA criterion that counts is the GPA you need to have a legitimate possibility of being admitted. We consider the school’s current students’ average GPA for this.
At Morehouse College, the average GPA is 3.5.
However, Morehouse College allows students with GPAs as low as 3.5. It’s acceptable to have a B average with some A’s thrown in. Avoid C’s and D’s at all costs because they may make readers of your application wonder if you can take the pressure of college coursework.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is The Morehouse College Deadline?
Deadline to submit application: November 1
Deadline to submit application: February 1
What Are The Morehouse College Decision Dates?
Notification Date: December 15
Notification Date: February 15 and March 15
Morehouse College is a top-notch institution of higher learning, to sum up. It is a difficult school to get into because of its difficult entry standards, but if you decide to go, the risk is worthwhile.
We do, however, hope that this article addresses your query about the school’s acceptance rates.
You Can Apply to this less competitive school: West Point Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Morehouse College an Ivy League school?
Yes, it is a Black Ivy League school
Does Morehouse accept transfer students?
Yes, you can apply as a transfer student once you complete 26 semester hours at an accredited college.
Is Morehouse on the Common App?
Yes they are
Is Morehouse a HBCU?
Yes, it is consistently ranked as one of the best HBCUs in the nation.
prepscholar.com– Morehouse College Requirements for Admission
morehouse.edu– TRANSFER AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS
campusreel.org– Morehouse College Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
collegetuitioncompare.com– Paying for Morehouse College
collegedunia.com– Morehouse College 2021-2022 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA