MTN Bright Scholarships 2020 for Ghanaian Undergraduate Students. Are you a bright student in Ghana looking for scholarships to further your education? this scholarship opportunity is for you.
The MTN Ghana Foundation launched a new scholarship scheme in 2018 to support 300 brilliant and needy Ghanaians to complete their tertiary education over a three year period. The scholarship covers the cost of
tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
Aside from the Bright Scholarship, MTN Ghana Foundation launched the Teacher Improvement Award Programme in 2015. Since the inception of the programme, 60 teachers have been awarded scholarships to pursue First or Masters’ Degrees at the University of Cape Coast and the University Education, Winneba.
Level/Fields of Study
The MTN bright scholarship awards are open to both senior high school graduates and continuing students in Ghana public universities. Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering.
- Free Online Learning Sites for Kids in 2020
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
The MTN Ghana Scholarship is being organised by the MTN Foundation and will be hosted in Ghana.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
Only Ghanaians can apply for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships 2020. You must come from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
These 16 regions in Ghana include Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Wa, Ho, Sunyani, Tamale, Bolgatanga. You’re a Student from these regions, you’re welcome to apply Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Nevertheless, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021“
Beneficiaries will be selected from all 10 regions of the country, and the scholarships will cover the cost of tuition, accommodation and a stipend for books and other relevant reading materials.
MTN Bright Scholarship Awards 2020 Requirements
For the MTN Ghana Bright Scholarships, Candidate:
- Must be a citizen of Ghana
- Must be proven to be hard-working with excellent academic results.
- The scholarships are open to both senior high school graduates and continuing students in public universities. SHS students are required to have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE respectively to quality. Three of the six subjects should be core subjects – English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and the other three must be in applicant’s respective electives,” the statement said.
- Continuing students’ applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Priority would be given to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering.
- Women, and PERSONS with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 100
How to Apply for MTN Bright Scholarship Awards 2020
Applicants should go online and apply through the web portal scholarship.mtn.com.gh.
Submission of hard copies of application will be rejected.
Successful candidates would be contacted directly and their names published in the newspapers by August 28, 2020.
Application submission is from May 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020.
Please note: Under no circumstances whatsoever would an applicant be required to pay any money for the processing of his/her application.