The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant: Young and Emerging Evaluator – UNFPA, Nigeria 8th Country Programme (2018 – 2022) Evaluation – Abuja – NOB
Job ID: 39300
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Full / Part Time: Full-Time
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Level of Post: NOB
Contract Type: National Consultant – Please note that this vacancy announcement is only for Nigerian nationals.
Duration and Working Schedule: 62 Working Days from UNFPA Office in Abuja.
Scope of Work
- The Country Programme Evaluation will focus on geographic, thematic and temporal scopes of the CP; and cover both programmatic analysis and strategic positioning analysis.
- It is expected to provide answers to a number of evaluation questions, which are derived from key evaluation criteria of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability, while giving particular attention to the humanitarian aspects that the country has faced during the life of the programme.
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates national of Nigeria that transform, inspire, and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Monitoring of the Evaluation Process:
- Consultants are to work closely with the Evaluation Manager/M&E Specialist and provide weekly progress report and feedback to the Deputy Representative by close of business every Monday:
- Weekly narrative result-based progress report
- End of consultancy report
- Attendance records
- End of consultancy assessments
In line with the UNFPA Evaluation Handbook, the Evaluation manager/M&E Specialist in the UNFPA Nigeria CO will be responsible for the management of the evaluation and supervision of the evaluation team. In line with the Country Office organogram, evaluation manager will oversee the entire process of the evaluation, from the preparation to the facilitation of the use and the dissemination of the evaluation results under the guidance of the Assistant Representative and overall supervision of the Deputy Representative.
- Travels to and from duty station
- Travels to agreed select destination for data collection, on the basis of necessity and in line with Covid-19 pandemic protocol as well as security situation both globally, nationally and locally.
Qualifications and Experience
The young and emerging evaluator must be under 35 years of age and her/his competencies, skills and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Demography or Population Studies, Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies or a related field.
- Certificate in evaluation or equivalent qualification.
- Up to five (5) years of work experience in conducting evaluation, M&E, research and assessment in the field of international development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and writing skills.
- Good command of information and communication technology and data visualization tools.
- Good knowledge of the mandate and activities of UNFPA or other United Nations organizations will be an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Commitment to UNFPA’s Values and Guiding Principles;
- Developing People/Fostering Innovation and Empowerment/Performance Management;
- Team Work/Communication/Self-Management
- Strategic Thinking/Results Orientation and Commitment to Excellence/Decision Making;
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Learning
- Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Adaptation/application of knowledge in different contexts
- Integration in a multidisciplinary environment.
Appliaction Closing Date
27th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: A detailed terms of reference on the UNFPA, Nigeria 8th country programme (2018 – 2022) evaluation will be shared with the selected consultant.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know