Is the Nigeria NIS Recruitment 2020 application form out? Has the Nigeria Immigration Service commenced registration for 2020 intake? Well! the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment for 2020 intake is now open. NIS Application form is out, get details in how to successfully apply for NIS jobs in 2020.
When will Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020 Start?
The NIS recruitment for 2020 intake is yet to start. As at the time of this publication, the application starting date is still unknown. We will notify you of any development concerning the NIS application starting date. You can join our WhatsApp group for more information. Get to know more about the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020 below.
What You Need to Know About Nigerian Immigration Service
Nigerian Immigration Service is a government agency popularly known by short name NIS. It was formally established in 1963 (55 years). This body has responsibility for migration management in Nigeria. Agencies provide Passport, Visa, Visa on Arrival, Ecowas Travel Certificate and Stay Permit Service.
Visit the official NIS portal www.immigration.gov.ng to learn about history, vision, mission, functions, services, operations, faq, recruitment, and other information. You can help people improve their lives by helping protect the integrity of the country’s immigration system.
In NIS, our goal of being a quality workplace means supporting a professional environment where employees can find value, meaning, and personal satisfaction in their work. Visit this page regularly for the latest updates on NIS recruitment or subscribe to the free Job Notification service.
Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2020 – Available Positions
Are you interested in making a career in this Federal Government Agency? Below are the names of the posts for whom the agency will open the recruitment.
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII)
- Inspector of Immigration (II), Professionals (Nurse)
- Immigration Assistant III (IA-3), General Duty
- Immigration Assistant III (IA-3), Artisan and Driver/Mechanic
- Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII), Professionals (Nurse)
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI-2), General Duty
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration (DSI), Professional (Pharmacist)
- Senior Inspector of Immigration (SII), General Duty
- Superintendent of Immigration (SI), Professional (Doctor)
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
For those candidates who are waiting for NIS recruitment 2020, you will have to fulfil the given requirements. According to the last notification, eligibility/requirements details are given below. If any changes are made, it will be corrected and our readers will be informed about it.
- A Degree certificate (BSc, HND) in any relevant discipline from a reputable higher institution in Nigeria.
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English or NECO with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting including the English Language.
- NYSC Discharge Certificate/ Exemption certificate.
- Professional qualification/work experience in any company or agency related to this file.
General Requirements for the Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020
- The applicant must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicant must have National Identity Number (NIN)
- Applicants must be medically fit and present the certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- An applicant would be required to pass a drug test
- The applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of a criminal offence and must not be a member of a secret society/cult.
- The applicant must be free from financial embarrassment.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 years with exception of Doctors and Pharmacists who must not be more than 35 years.
- The applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Applicant must be computer literate and
- Any certificate or qualification not declared and accepted at the recruitment center shall not be accepted after the recruitment
See other Job Opportunities
Applicants With Any Of The Following Physical Challenges Need Not Apply
- Impediment in Speech (Stammer/Dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked Knees
- Bow Legs
- Flat foot
- Limb Legs
- Bent Arms/Deformed Hands/Fracture
- Defective EyeSight (Squint-eye, Cross Eye, One-eyed and Total Blindness)
- Amputation of any part of Physical Body
- Hearing Impaired (Deaf)
- Hunched Back
- Medical Challenges
- Any Physical Deformity not mentioned, and
- Note that due to the Rigor of the Physical Excercise in the Recruitment Process, women with Pregnancy Need NOT Apply
How the Nigerian Immigration Service Select Applicant
Those candidates who apply successfully according to the guidelines, their names go further in the shortlisting process. There is a review committee that selects the candidate on the basis of merit. After the preparation, the list will be uploaded on the Nigerian Immigration portal (www.immigration.gov.ng). Shortlisted candidates will be invited for further screening/aptitude test.
Application Tips that will Guide you Through
- Determine the job you want
- Improve accuracy
- Prepare your CV and see as many references as possible
- Complete data on work experience
- Do not forget to write a cover letter
- Don’t be lazy to write
- Fill in all parts of the form even if it’s not mandatory
- Always update your profile regularly
How to Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020
The 2020 application is yet to start, we will update this post once the application start. We will equally provide official application link for this job.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
There shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT) for Shortlisted Candidates.
Appropriate time and date shall be communicated to such persons.
When is Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment exam date
Applicants will be notified of their exam date once its time.
- Any Certificate Or Qualification Not Declared Or Tendered And Accepted At Recruitment Centre Shall Not Be Acceptable After Recruitment Exercise.
- Candidates Are Advised To Printout Referees And Security Clearance Form Which Must Be Duly Completed For Submission During Screening.
- Do Not Submit More Than One Application. You, Will, Be Disqualified.
- The Application Portal Would Be Closed After Four (4) Weeks Of Opening.
- Applications In Breach Of The Application Procedure Will Not Be Entertained.
After clicking on submit, if you have submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmatory mail. Your application will be checked initially to determine whether you meet the requirements for the position you are applying for.
If you are eligible, your application will be assessed in terms of experience, training, and skills. The assessment test could consist of a written exam, computer-based test, aptitude test or any type of simulation exercise. You would also be informed about the time, type, and duration of the exam.
The result of the test is assessed by a special commission. If you pass the test, you will be included among the shortlisted names for an interview regarding the skills and you will be informed.