Is the Nigeria Navy Recruitment 2020 application form out? Has the Nigerian Navy commenced registration for 2020 intake? Well! the Nigeria Navy Recruitment for 2020 intake is now open. Navy Application form is out, get details in how to successfully apply for Naval jobs in 2020.
This portal will guide you on all you need to know regarding the Nigeria Navy recruitment 2020, starting date and Nigerian Navy form closing date. We also included the examination centers. Do enjoy the ride!
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
1. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28 Online registration starts on 7 September 2020 and closes on 5 October 2020 The departments and entry requirements are listed below.
2. Seaman: BSc/HND in the following disciplines:
a. Nautical Sciences.
e. Forensic Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
3. Accounts and Budget: Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting/Banking and Finance. Membership of professional bodies like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
4. Chaplain: Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications
required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
5. Education: Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD Education in the following fields are also eligible:
a. English Language.
g. Library Science (B.Sc).
h. Computer Science.
i. Guidance and Counseling.
j. French Language.
k. Chinese Language.
l. Arabic Language.
6. Engineering: B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
7. Human Resource Management: B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Human Resources Management.
b. Personnel Management.
c. Public Administration.
Membership of the National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
8. Hydrography: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of the National Institute of Statistics or proficiency in Computer Programming/Data Analysis would be an added advantage. Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
9. Imam: BA/MA in Islamic Studies in the following:
a. Islamic Studies (Qira’at).
b. Islamic Studies (Hadith).
c. Islamic Studies (Jurisprudence).
d. Islamic Studies (Theology).
A diploma in Counseling Psychology will be an added advantage.
10. Information: B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
11. Information and Communication Technology: B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualifications in:
a. Website Development and Management.
b. Networking and Network Administration.
c. Programming Multimedia and Software Development.
d. Server and Database Administration.
e. Information and Cyber Security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
12. Medical: The following medical fields with requisite entry qualifications are available:
a. Consultants: Must be a fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College or West Africa College of Physicians or Surgeons. Must possess a current practicing license of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. The candidate’s age limit is 40 years by 7 January 2021.
b. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBBCh or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
c. Pharmacy: B.Pharm/Doctor Pharmacy degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
d. Medical Lab Science: Either a BMLS or AIMLS/equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
e. Dental Therapist: HND Dental Therapy must possess a current professional practicing license.
f. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with a current practicing license.
g. Physiotherapy: B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
h. Optometry: Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria, and have a current practicing license.
i. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/HND required with a current practicing license.
j. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with the Dietetics Council of Nigeria with a current practicing license.
k. Clinical Psychology: BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with a current practicing license.
l. Biomedical Engineer: BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with a current practicing license.
m. Public Health Officer: BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registrations Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
n. General Nursing/Midwives: B.NSc RN/RM with a current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration: BSc/HND Hospital Administration with a current practicing license.
13. Music: BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
14. Sports/PT: BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
15. Logistics: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or Marketing.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Valuers.
i. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
16. Legal Service: LLB and BL (Call to Bar Certificate and a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience required). LLM in International Maritime Law, International Law or Forensic Law is an added advantage.
GENERAL INFORMATION TO CANDIDATES
1. Applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth.
2. Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
3. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage in all fields.
4. Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
5. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education and copies of the certificates are to be submitted at chosen aptitude test centers on 17 October 2020.
6. All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
7. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
8. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
9. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 7 January 2021. Except for Chaplains/Imams and Medical Consultants who should not be more than 30 years and 40 years respectively.
10. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the
heads of their units.
11. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
12. Applicants are to choose any of the following centers for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja Centre:
(1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
b. Bauchi Centre:
Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta Centre:
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt Centre:
(1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
(2) Air Force Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force
f. Sokoto Centre:
Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
13. Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgment Form.
How to Apply for Nigeria Navy DSSC Recruitment 2020
Interested members of the public are requested to note the following information on the method of application. Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.
The application portal is www.joinnigeriannavy.com.
Step 1. Click on the Register button to create an account on this portal by providing a valid Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password. Note: You will need your Email Address (User Name) and Password to log in next time.
Step 2. Complete the Rating Application form. You can save your application. You may log in at any time before the application closes to make changes to your saved application. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. Changes are not allowed after submission. You may not be shortlisted if you do not submit your application.
Step 3. Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
- Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent/Guardian form.
- Local Government Area Certification Form.
- Police Certification Form.
- Guarantor Form.
NAVY 2020 APTITUDE TEST DATE: The 2020 Nigerian Navy Recruitment Aptitude Test date for 2020 will be updated once it’s officially announced.
NAVY 2020 APPLICATION BEGINS DATE: You may still be wondering, when exactly will the navy recruitment begin for 2020/2021.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Navy 2020 application has been placed on hold because of this COVID-19 outbreak. However, we will get you notified once the application commences for 2020
Shortlisted Applicant Updates
All applicants who were able to find their names on the Nigerian Navy list of successful candidates should note that an aptitude text and an interview will be held sooner and all candidates must participate in this NN interview at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School Ojo (Navy Town), LAGOS. We are going to update you guys on the possible date.
Nature of Interview Screening:
All candidate will undergo a compulsory screening in which their credentials or certificates and all documents will be screened carefully.
After undergoing the screening, you will still be subjected to a medical test and also an exam. All this types of screening we just mentioned comes in stages and you must exercise extreme patience.
What applicant should come with on the screening day:
- Originals and photocopies of their credentials.
- Originals and photocopies of valid Drivers’ License (Category H only).
- Writing materials.
- Two pairs of navy blue shorts and 2 white (unmarked) T-Shirts.
- A pair of canvas/trainer and stockings.
- Bedsheets and pillowcases.
- Set of cutlery.
- Four (4) recent 30X30 passport sized photographs on white background.
- The Nigerian Navy will definitely interview all candidate on individual basis, so you must be prepared for this and also make sure you fulfil the eligibility criteria so as not to get disqualified at any stage.
- The Nigerian Navy will carefully cross-check all information you have given so far at this stage and if found to be fake/false/wrong might lead to disqualification.
- You should try to provide accurate medical information, if you give false information this might also lead to disqualification
- Note that this screening is compulsory for all and failure to attend or participate will result to disqualification.
Screening Dates and Exam Centres
It’s no news that the Nigerian Navy will set up exams for you guys which are simply called an Aptitude Test. If you are able to scale through this aptitude test you will proceed to Nigerian Navy Secondary School Ojo (Navy Town), Lagos.