This update informs students that the body responsible for the scholarship award invites qualified and suitable students to apply for the NNPC / SPDC JV University Scholarship Award Scheme 2023.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture), in pursuance of its Social Investment program in Education, which aims to promote academic excellence and enhance the employability of young Nigerians, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerian Students admitted into Full-Time academic studies in 2021/2022 session, to apply for its University Scholarship Scheme.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship program is open to students in 200L. Applicants must be in 200l at the time of applying for the scholarship.
The scholarship is open to all available courses of study in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
However, apart from this ongoing NNPC Scholarship 2023, there are other Nigerian undergraduate scholarships, such as the Agbami Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students. NNPC-Eroton Undergraduate Scholarship, NNPC-SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship.
This merit-based scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM) – Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Award – Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States
- Must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 Level or possess proof of admission into Undergraduate programme in the 2021/2022 academic session
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship from an entity operating in the Oil and Gas Industry, National or International.
Also Read: NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship
Documents Needed for the Application
You must provide the documentation requested. Applications from all candidates must be accompanied by:
• University Matriculation Examination (UTME) scores;
• JAMB or University Admission Letter;
• O/Level Result;
• A/level Result (for students admitted through direct entry);
• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (at least four months old);
• A Letter of Identification from State (showing local government) of origin.
How to Apply
- All applicants should have a personal valid email account and phone number (for consistent communication)
- All applications must be processed online via the specified link below
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and The Chairman of the Community Development
- Committee or Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to: The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Shell), Shell Industrial Area, Port Harcourt, Rivers-State.
- P/S:Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Applications open on the 26th of July 2023 and closes on the 23rd of August 2023
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/ ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Applications open on the 26th of July 2023 and closes on the 23rd of August 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the proctored computer-based test
- Only successful candidates at each selection stage will be contacted
- Applications must be processed ONLY through the Shell Nigeria website