The NSE Essay Competition is one of the financial literacy and inclusion initiatives of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition aims to close the gap between classroom learning and the practical knowledge required for long-term personal financial planning.
The overall objective of the competition is to develop a culture of wealth creation amongst the youth towards “Building a Financially Savvy Generation”.
Now in its 19th year, the NSE Essay Competition has inspired over 67,000 young people in more than 12,000 schools across Nigeria.
What You Need to Know About Nigerian Stock Exchange
The NSE, a registered limited liability company, was founded in 1960. It is registered under the Investment and Securities Act (ISA) and is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) of Nigeria.
The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services and more.
The Nigeria Stock Exchange is determined to adopt the highest international standards. To support this commitment, the NSE has established links with several international and regional organizations that promote the development and integration of global best practices in their activities.
It is a member of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO), the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE), Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative, the SIIA’s Financial Information Services Division (FISD) and the Intermarket Surveillance Group (ISG). The Exchange is a founding member and executive committee member of the African Securities Exchanges Association (ASEA).
Who Can Apply for the NSE Essay Competition?
This Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition is available to secondary school students. Are you an undergraduate, masters or PhD students? we have other opportunities you can explore at academicrelated.com. Take your time and go through the opportunities and select the scholarship opportunity that best suits your studies.
I believe you have young ones in secondary school that may need this NSE Essay Competition? Please share to them.
This NSE Essay Competition is available to Nigerian secondary school students. International students can not apply for this essay competition.
As an international student, you may look out for this: HEC Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 for Masters & PhD in the UK (Fully Funded)
The essay competition will be organised and hosted in Nigeria by the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Check below for other relevant scholarship opportunities that are available for your country.
NSE Essay Competition 2018 winner
Image of Miss Lawrence Deborah 2018 winner
How can the capital market help to create a better future for all?
|POSITION||PRIZE (STUDENT)||PRIZE (SCHOOL)|
|1st||N500,000 worth of equity investmentsN500,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop computer/tablet Certificate of achievement Headline at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony||Trophy3 PCs and a printer|
|2nd||N300,000 worth of equity investmentsN400,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop computer/tablet Certificate of achievement Participation at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony||Trophy2 PCs and a printer|
|3rd||N200,000 worth of equity investmentsN300,000 scholarship fund for university education1 Laptop/tablet Certificate of achievement Participation at NSE Closing Gong Ceremony||Trophy1 PCs and a printer|
Consolation Prizes: 7 Laptops/tablets for 7 Runners-up
NSE Essay Competition Eligibility Requirements
The essay competition is open to all senior secondary school students across the 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT.
- The Competition is open to only students in Senior Secondary Schools
- Entries must be written in English and be the original work of the writer
- Entrant must submit an essay on the entry form and complete all the mandatory ﬁelds
- The maximum word-counts are 1000 words
- Entries will be disqualiﬁed if they fail to meet these requirements
Notes for Guidance
- Entries must be the original work of the writer. This does not rule out input or assistance from others
- Entrants are encouraged to be creative in their response to the topic
- Award-winning entrants are expected to show originality, focus on the topic and competent use of English as a written language. This includes correct spelling, a good standard of punctuation and neat presentation
How to Apply for NSE Essay Competition 2019
- Click here to download the 2019 Essay Competition form
- Send your completed entry form/essay via e-mail to email@example.com
- Submit online via the form below or on NSE Facebook page
Get more detailed information from the button below.
In order to meet up with the NSE Essay Competition 2019, you must submit your application on or before October 18, 2019
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this NSE Essay Competition 2019
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
- MENA Scholarship Programme 2020 for Study in the Netherlands
- Private Universities in Lagos and their Fees
- Best Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- Latest Scholarships in Nigeria 2019-2020 for Nigerian Students
- Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2019
- 15+ Scholarships for People with Glasses 2019
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate of 2019
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2019 and 2020.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.
Join Our Whatsapp Group for Scholarship Updates
If you want to be getting our scholarship update, join our whatsapp group.
How the group works
- The group is locked for only admin to be posting
- Information will be posted to the group not more than 4 times a week