OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Internship Programme 2020 for International Students. The OFID internship program 2020 is currently ongoing. This post will guide you on all you need to know about the internship program.
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
The Internship Program runs for between two and six months and is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization; and
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial management; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research;
- Writing documents;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
The OPEC fund internship program will be taken in Australia.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
The OFID internship program is open to international students. Check below for eligibility criteria and how to apply.
However, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post ”How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021”.
As the program is intended to be a learning experience, the interns will not receive any remuneration whatsoever, including reimbursement of costs of visas, travel, accommodation and living expenses, as well as any transportation costs incurred in connection with their commuting to OFID’s Headquarters during the program.
Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
How to Apply for OFID internship program 2020
To apply for OFID internship program 2020, candidates must submit:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Please keep in mind:
- All applications must be in English;
- Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form; and
- Please answer all the questions on the application form.
1st October 2020
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this Mike Rowe scholarships for trade school 2020-2021.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.