Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2021
There are different opportunities for Africans Youths ranging from scholarships to entrepreneurship. These fully-funded youth opportunities are available for all African countries including Nigeria.
7 out of 10 young people across the globe are currently using their smartphones to look for opportunities seemingly beyond their reach. 1 out of every 10 will be lucky, the remaining 90% will give up at some point because of age restrictions, fear of rejection and other factors. Are you among the 90% about to give up? I have a gift for you.
The leading cause of unhappiness in individuals over sixty has been found to be regret. Regrets for opportunities not grasped, risks not taken and time not spent wisely.
Many wish they could go back in time to do the things they had set out to do when they were younger. Will you end up in that statistic? I hope not! Let me help you.
Most of these African Youth Opportunities could be taken in Africa or Abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, there are numerous opportunities for African Youths. We have specifically explained different opportunities that are available for African students and entrepreneurs.
Check each of these opportunities, you will find the once suitable for you.
There are many factors that determine if you win or lose, One is discovering the opportunities which you want to apply. This is the major and we have specifically explained some of these opportunities here.
Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2021
Africa has great innovative ideas. The main problem in exploiting these ideas is empowerment. The cost of raising the idea of zero to a point where the world can feel its influence has been the reason for the creation of opportunities from different sources.
We have the latest opportunities for Africans for international investors, organizations, governments and even local sectors in Africa.
Some of these fully-funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020 are entrepreneurial opportunities, undergraduate scholarship, masters scholarships, PhD scholarships financed with private funds or with public funds. Students can apply for these recently available scholarships to continue their studies.
Fully-Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2021-2022
Listed below are various fully-funded youth opportunities for Africans
- Tony Elumelu Foundation 2020 for Entrepreneurs [$5,000 Grant]
- African Writers Trust Publishing Fellowship Programme 2020 for African Writers
- World Bank IFC TechEmerge Health East Africa 2020 for Entrepreneurs
- One Young World Just IMAGINE if… 2020 Competition for Young Leaders (Funded)
- Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project 2020 for Female Entrepreneurs in Africa (Fully-funded to Morocco)
- African Development Bank Young Professionals Program 2020 for young Africans
- Chevening Africa Media Freedom Fellowship (CAMFF) 2020 for mid-senior level African Professionals (Fully Funded to the United Kingdom)
- Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2020 for women from developing countries (Scholarship Available)
- Governance for Development in Africa Initiative Residential School 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Innovate for Life Fund 2020 for African Health Entrepreneurs
- 2020 Gratitude Network Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs Serving Children and Youth
- Thomson Foundation’s Young Journalist Award 2020
- Kent State University Global Diversity Scholarship for International Students – USA
- Borlaug-Adesina Fellowship 2020 for Young African Agropreneurs
- AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme 2020
- United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship 2020 – USA
- CAA-Getty International Program 2020 for Art Historians (Fully funded to Conference at Chicago, USA)
- AppsAfrica Innovation Awards 2020 for Innovative African Mobile and Tech Ventures
- Med’Innovant Africa 2020 for African Entrepreneurs (Fully-funded + €5,000 Award)
- Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2020 for Young Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Germany) Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2020/2021 Postgraduate Scholarship for Young Africans
- Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2020 (Fully-funded to Marrakesh, Morocco)
- Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2020/2021 for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
- Google Developers Launchpad Accelerator Africa 2020 for African Startups
- Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2020
- Procter and Gamble (P&G) National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Internship Program 2020
- The Young Water Fellowship 2020 for young entrepreneurs from East Africa
- Harvard University South Asia Institute Crossroads Emerging Program 2020 (Fully Funded to Dubai, UAE)
- 2020-21 Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (ARSP) for postdoctoral research
- Better Together Challenge 2020 for young Changemakers & Social Innovators (Fully Funded to South Korea)
- 2020/2021 KNUST-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate and Postgraduate study in Ghana.
- Tony Elumelu Foundation TEF-UNDP, Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship Program 2020
- Nikon Small World Contest.
- $1000 for Short Story Day Africa Prize 2020
1. Tony Elumelu Foundation 2021 for Entrepreneurs [$5,000 Grant]
Application Deadline: March 1st 2021
TEEP (Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship programme) is a pan-African entrepreneurial initiative of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, which is a multi-year training, funding, and mentorship program designed to empower the next generation of African entrepreneurs.
It is the brainchild of Tony Elumelu, a Nigerian investor and philanthropist, who is poised to provide $100 million to create 10,000 African entrepreneurs over the next 10 years. The goal is to create 1,000,000 jobs and generate annual revenues of US $10 billion for the African economy over this period.
2. African Writers Trust Publishing Fellowship Programme 2021 for African Writers
Application Deadline: 16th February at 5 pm GMT.
This Publishing Fellowship programme is open to early career publishers and creative writers intending to self-publish their manuscripts. Applicants will be selected from Uganda, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
3. World Bank IFC TechEmerge Health East Africa 2021 for Entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: 25th February 2021
As part of the World Bank Group (WBG) Global Tech Challenge launched today, IFC, the private sector arm of the WBG, called on health tech innovators from around the world to bring their solutions to the East African market to meet the needs of patients and health care providers in the region.
4. One Young World Just IMAGINE if… 2021 Competition for Young Leaders (Funded)
Application Deadline: 2nd February 2021
Do you have an innovative idea for a world-changing enterprise? Enter the JUST IMAGINE IF… 2021 Competition for a chance to turn your idea into reality.
Just IMAGINE if… is an annual international social enterprise and innovation competition, hosted by Durham University and Ella’s Kitchen founder, Paul Lindley.
Ten shortlisted finalists will present their business idea in front of a panel of expert business leaders at the March 2021 final in Durham.
5. Women in Africa (WIA) 54 Project 2021 for Female Entrepreneurs in Africa (Fully-funded to Morocco)
Application Deadline: 9th February 2021
You are a female entrepreneur from Africa, you have created an innovating company, apply to this challenge in order to join the International Women In Africa Entrepreneurs’ Club.
6. African Development Bank Young Professionals Program 2021 for young Africans
Application Deadline: November 13th, 2021 (midnight GMT).
Do you have passion and commitment to development of Africa? Outstanding academic and professional achievements? A commitment to engage in crucial issues in Africa’s development? Do you wish to make a difference, be part of something bigger than yourself and explore your leadership potential? If yes, you are the one we are looking for.
The African Development Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a three-year leadership opportunity for the development of the Bank’s future leaders.
We attract highly qualified and motivated professionals from our member countries for a productive and rewarding career path in development.
Through the YPP, the Bank ensures continuity and excellence in both the management of its work programs and the provision of policy advice to its regional member countries.
7. Chevening Africa Media Freedom Fellowship (CAMFF) 2021 for mid-senior level African Professionals (Fully Funded to the United Kingdom)
Application Deadline: December 9th 2021
The Chevening Africa Media Freedom Fellowship (CAMFF) is aimed at mid-senior level African professionals with demonstrable leadership skills in their fields, which may include public servants working in areas of media policy and regulatory frameworks, or media professionals such as journalists.
Selected fellows will be from the following Sub-Sahara African countries: Ethiopia, Burundi, Cameroon, Gambia, Malawi, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
The fellowship is hosted by the University of Westminster. This fellowship is funded by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
8. Coady Institute Global Change Leaders Program 2021 for women from developing countries (Scholarship Available)
Application Deadline: November 22, 2021.
Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
9. Governance for Development in Africa Initiative Residential School 2021 (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: 30 November 2021.
The annual residential school on governance and development is part of the Governance for Development in Africa programme that we at SOAS run in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
This initiative aims to contribute to and stimulate debate on governance, development, and the relationship between them.
Participants from a range of African countries, and representative of the academic, civil society and government sectors, are selected each year to take part in the residential school.
10. Innovate for Life Fund 2021 for African Health Entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021
The Innovate for Life (I4L) program is centered around developing shared value partnerships between Amref country offices and health innovators to support health innovations from around the world scale in SSA and address major health challenges in the region.
Through this mission, I4L aims to catalyze innovation for the creation of lasting health change in Africa, which supports the overall vision, mission, and promise of Amref Health Africa.
11. 2021 Gratitude Network Fellowship for Social Entrepreneurs Serving Children and Youth
Deadline: 30 August 2021
Applicants are invited to apply for the 2021 Gratitude Network Fellowship which is a 12-month leadership development program designed to help social entrepreneurs scale their organizations to the next level and therefore expand their impact.
This Youth Opportunity is open to all Afric1n countries.
12. Thomson Foundation’s Young Journalist Award 2021
Deadline: 16 August 2021
The Thomson Foundation, in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association (FPA), is seeking applications for its Young Journalist Award 2021.
The Thomson Foundation annual journalism competition dedicated to finding and inspiring ambitious journalists from across the globe.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
13. Kent State University Global Diversity Scholarship for International Students – USA
Spring application deadline: 1st October 2021
Fall application deadline: 1st April 2021
Global Diversity Scholarship is dedicated to diversify the student body and make sure specific regions are represented at Kent State campus.
A one-time award ranges from $2,000-$31,856.00 will be distributed to awardees who have been awarded Global Diversity Scholarship.
This African Youth opportunity is awarded to undergraduate students.
14. Borlaug-Adesina Fellowship 2021 for Young African Agropreneurs
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
The World Hunger Fighters Foundation (WHFF) is accepting applications for the BORLAUG-ADESINA FELLOWSHIP.
The Fellows will be provided with opportunities to gain exposure and experience at any of the International Agricultural Research Centers around the world, or with a select number of global food and agribusiness companies.
15. AUC-UNDP African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme 2021
Application Deadline: 1st August 2021 (Midnight New York, USA)
For the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is looking for young, talented African women to lead the sustainable development agenda If you are an African Union citizen, apply to the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme.
The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
16. United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship 2021 – USA
Application Deadline: 16th August 2021
The United Nations Global Compact offers internship opportunities to recent graduates from all over the world in its New York office.
The United Nations Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
17. CAA-Getty International Program 2021 for Art Historians (Fully-funded to Conference at Chicago, USA)
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2021
The Getty Foundation has awarded CAA a grant to fund the CAA-Getty International Program for a ninth consecutive year
The 2021 CAA-Getty International Program will support fifteen art historians, museum curators, and artists who teach art history to attend the 108th CAA Annual Conference in Chicago from February 12-15, 2021.
Please review the application specifications and complete the application form
18. AppsAfrica Innovation Awards 2021 for Innovative African Mobile and Tech Ventures
11th September 2021
The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards celebrate the best in mobile and tech from across Africa supported by Mobile Monday South Africa and Mobile Ecosystem Forum (MEF) and are now accepting entries for 2021.
The AppsAfrica.com Innovation Awards identify and celebrate the leading African innovations from across the continent, providing winners with global publicity across multiple channels, recognition and networking with 300+ industry peers and investors at the Awards party.
19. Med’Innovant Africa 2021 for African Entrepreneurs (Fully-funded + €5,000 Award)
Application Deadline: 30th September 23:59 (UTC +1)
Impressed by the African tech sector’s interest in the Smart City, this year Euroméditerranée is launching a MED’INNOVANT competition exclusively for African innovators.
The purpose of the Med’Innovant Africa 2021 innovation contest is to identify, promote and accelerate to the next level project developers (start-ups, small and medium enterprises) looking to bring to market innovations (solutions and services) that are in line with the objectives of the Mediterranean and African sustainable city and can be implemented in Euroméditerranée’s catchment area.
20. Westerwelle Young Founders Program 2021 for Young Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries (Fully-funded to Germany)
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021 11pm CEST
Apply now for the Spring 2021 Westerwelle Young Founders Programme and attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Autumn 2021 will start with the Young Founders Conference from 22nd to 26th of October, 2021 in Berlin. During this time, the 25 participants have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision-makers.
Throughout the progra1me, the Young Founders will have the chance to develop their businesses and discuss challenges with a personal mentor as well as with fellow Young Founders in a peer mentoring group. Moreover, Young Founders will receive further support through regular expert webinars that cater to their needs.
21. Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2021/2022 Postgraduate Scholarship for Young Africans
Application Deadline: 28th August 2021
The Ireland-Africa Fellows Programme 2021/2022 to nurture future African leaders, women and men, is now open.
Eligible Countries: Burundi, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Through the programme, early career professional women and men, with leadership potential, from eligible countries will avail of relevant postgraduate study opportunities in Irish higher education institutions.
On completion of their studies, graduates will have acquired relevant skills and knowledge and be better capacitated and positioned to influence the advancement of national social, economic and development priorities. Fostering women’s leadership capacity will be a priority. In return, graduates are expected to resume work and put their acquired skills into good use for the benefit of their home countries
22. Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2021 (Fully-funded to Marrakesh, Morocco)
Application Deadline: 15th September, 2021
Young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa, who have demonstrated leadership and initiative in their fields; who want to contribute to shaping the regional and global agenda in politics, finance, business, civil society, and many other areas; who are eager to network with their peers and older; and who seek to foster and strengthen ties across the Atlantic are invited to apply.
Eligible Countries: Candidates must be citizens of countries in these regions: Africa; North, Central, or South America; the Caribbean; or the European Union.
This content was originally published on After School Africa from
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the eighth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
23. Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme and Awards (SIPA) 2021/2022 for Young Nigerian Entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: 4th August 2021
Applications are now for the next intake of Fellows for LEAP Africa’s Social Innovators Programme.
The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents.
The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
24. Google Developers Launchpad Accelerator Africa 2021 for African Startups
Application Deadline: 26th July 2021
If you’re building a great business or product in Africa, for Africa, Google is calling! Launchpad Accelerator Africa accepts applications from startups located in Algeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote D’ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Launchpad regional accelerators are tailored specifically to their local markets, and provide access to the best of Google – its people, network, and advanced technologies – helping startups build great products.
In addition to our accelerators, Launchpad regional initiatives include exclusive events, mentorship opportunities, and training. Keep an eye out for opportunities to participate in over 40 countries around the world.
25. Pan African “Teach a Man to Fish” Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education 2021
Application Deadline: 16th August, 2021
The Pan African Awards is offering numerous awards to individuals and organisations who use education to inspire entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Pan African Awards reward the very best projects which are using enterprise and entrepreneurship to innovate in the field of education. The awards are generously supported by The Saville Foundation, a charitable foundation based in South Africa.
“Teach A Man To Fish” manage the awards using their expertise in enterprise education and highlight inspirational models and projects through their large network of educational organisations and schools.
26. Procter and Gamble (P&G) National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Internship Program 2021
Are you passionate about how world-class brands are manufactured? Do you want a career that will challenge you both technically whilst developing your leadership and creative abilities? Then a role in P&G’s Manufacturing company in Ibadan plant could be for you.
If successful, you will work at the P&G Manufacturing plant in Ibadan to fulfil your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program. The role is on a full-time basis and all tools needed to build your capability will be provided to you Are you passionate about how world-class brands are manufactured? Do you want a career that will challenge you both technically whilst developing your leadership and creative abilities? Then a role in P&G’s Manufacturing company in Ibadan plant could be for you.
27. The Young Water Fellowship 2021 for young entrepreneurs from East Africa
Application Deadline: August 18th 2021
The Young Water Fellowship East Africa edition 2021 targets young entrepreneurs from East Africa. Selected Young Water Fellows will be invited to participate in a 10-day start-up training in Uganda, receive coaching, mentorship and seed funding opportunities.
28. Harvard University South Asia Institute Crossroads Emerging Program 2021 (Fully Funded to Dubai, UAE)
Application Deadline: August 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
The Crossroads Emerging Leaders Program was inaugurated in 2017 as a joint effort between the Harvard Business School Club of the GCC, HBS Professors Tarun Khanna and Karim Lakhani, and The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University.
The Program is a prestigious and a fully funded career development opportunity for students from across the world, who are the first member of their family—or the first generation within their family—to attend university and facing challenges of financial and social circumstances.
Following a rigorous multi-stage evaluation process, exceptional students are selected from a diverse applicant pool to take part in this unique educational experience.
29. 2021-22 Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (ARSP) for postdoctoral research
Application Deadline: August 16, 2021.
The U.S. Mission is now accepting applications for the 2021 Fulbright African Research Scholar Program. This award funds African university lecturers and professors to conduct postdoctoral research or undertake a planned program of reading and research.
30. Better Together Challenge 2021 for young Changemakers & Social Innovators (Fully Funded to South Korea)
Application Deadline: August 16th 2021
Better Together Challenge 2021 is a 3-day global gathering that brings together social innovators, changemakers and idealists in action from around the world for an inspiring exchange of ideas and celebration of being #BetterTogether.
The Better Together Challenge Global Stage, the highlight of the event, provides an open and live stage where a vast array of projects and creative solutions for social issues are shared in a unique contest format.
31. 2021/2022 KNUST-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for Undergraduate and Postgraduate study in Ghana.
Application Deadline: September 10, 2021
The College of Engineering, KNUST is accepting applications for the award of the 2021/2022 KNUST-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate students who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs. Scholarship is for Engineering Courses.
The KNUST-Tullow award is a full scholarship scheme which covers Undergraduate and Postgraduate education
32. Tony Elumelu Foundation TEF-UNDP, Sahel Youth Entrepreneurship Program 2021
DEADLINE: August 5, 2021.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) have launched the TEF – UNDP Youth Entrepreneurship Programme to empower an additional 100,000 young African entrepreneurs over the next 10 years with seed capital, business management training and mentoring.
This Programme is borne out of the Foundation’s tried and tested approach to philanthropy which prioritizes African entrepreneurs as the key enablers of economic development.
33. Nikon Small World Contest Opportunities for Africans.
DEADLINE: April 30 2021
The Nikon Small World Competition is open to anyone with an interest in photography through the microscope. Truly international in scope, entries have been received from the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia, and Africa. Winners have included both professionals and hobbyists.
Nikon Small World Contest Prizes:
1st Prize – $3,000
2nd Prize – $2,000
3rd Prize – $1,000
4th Prize – $800
5th Prize – $600
6th Prize – $400
7th-10th Prizes – $300 each
11th-20th Prizes – $200 each
Honorable Mentions – $100 each
Images of Distinction – Nikon Backpack (or equivalent)
34. $1000 for Short Story Day Africa Prize 2021
DEADLINE: October 31 2021
Short Story Day Africa wants your stories of change, protest, destruction, adaptation, disruption and recreation. Stories that explore how changing climates affect us, our adaptations to the environment, and the innovations that bring us hope.
In 2021, Short Story Day Africa is seeking short fiction exploring disruption, especially but not limited to climate and environmental disruption.
First prize: $800
Second prize: $200
Third prize: $100
Conclusion: Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans
There are so many opportunities for Youths and Africa, as African youth, you should consider trying your hands on a couple of these opportunities, you never can tell you may get lucky.
Also, be kind enough to share this post with other African youths who may need it, if you have more questions regarding any of the opportunities above, feel free to let us know in the comment section.
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside these Opportunities for Africans 2021
- Private Universities in Lagos and their Fees
- Best Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- 17+ Full Tuition Academic Scholarships 2021
- Scholarships for People with Disabilities2021
- 15+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
- 15+ Scholarships for People with Glasses 2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate of 2021
We hope this article helped you determine the fully-funded youth opportunities for Africans. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article on fully-funded youth opportunities for Africans 2021-2022, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2021 and 2022.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.