The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Principal Manager – Research (Data Aggregation Platform)
Division: Planning, Research and Strategy
- Manage the NERC Data Aggregation Platform (DAP) of the Commission.
- Provide innovative analytical insights on industry data displayed on the DAP.
- Conduct detailed data analysis on data in the NESI to establish and evaluate trends in industry operations.
- Respond to data related inquiries in real-time to support requirements of Divisions and Units of the Commission.
- Perform various data analytics in SQL and MS Excel using statistical models or industry accepted tools
- Provide relational database expertise to construct and execute SQL queries to be utilised in data analysis activities
- Provide data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for staff of the Commission.
- Provide expertise and translate the needs of the Commission to design; and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Responsible for developing and executing tools to monitor and report on data quality
- Responsible for establishing appreciation and adherence to the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions.
- Provide support to the NERC IT teams in managing security mechanisms and data access governance.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc., Post Graduate Degree, and Professional Certification relevant to the vacancy is required.
- Articulate and fluent in communication, disposition to working collaboratively in teams and knowledge sharing, systemwide strategic thinking.
- High level competence with Excel, Statistical analysis (demand forecasting, predictive analytical methods), Front end development in Angular, React, Vue or Bootstrap for report development and generation, MS Power BI, E-View for data visualization, SQL scripting and database management, MS Power Point for report presentation, Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) Macros programming will be added advantage.
Field of Study:
- Computer Science, Data Base Management, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering.
Minimum years of experience:
- 15 years.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know