United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Profit Center Manager
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking to hire talented and experienced individuals with a minimum of 5 years’ Profit Centre Manager experience to drive our personal banking, SME and consumer loan for all our branches across Nigeria.
- To coordinate the activities of retail teams through effective relationship management to meet / surpass financial targets to drive the profit growth of the branch.
- Ensure significant increase in market share within own region.
- Drive performance of the unit – liability generation and quality risk asset creation.
- Risk asset appraisal, disbursement and monitoring.
- Ensure effective relationship building and management with new and existing customers.
- Optimally exploit new and existing opportunities in the market.
- Drive the reactivation of all inactive/dormant accounts in the branch.
- Plan and implement marketing strategies to boost profit
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of account officers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 5 – 7 years relationship manager experience from a commercial bank.
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers and determine what products or services would best serve those needs.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Communications skills (written and oral).
- Marketing and Selling skills.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Good Relationship management skills.
- Confident and must possess excellent networking skills.
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services.
- Business development and acquisition.
- Marketing, Selling and Cross Selling.
- Knowledge of current business trends and CBN Regulatory laws.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know