Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program / HTS Community Adhoc
Career Category: Program / Project Management
- The adhoc will support RISE team to ensure sustainable, high quality and efficient program management and contribute to HTS technical support provided to RISE state and Country office program.
- With supervision and guidance from the RISE senior program officer and HTS advisor, the adhoc staff will monitor daily and weekly achievements, collate, analyze and write report of daily achievement and contribute to program efficiencies.
- The Program Intern will be responsible for supporting the implementation of RISE program with oversight from supervisor, advisors and other RISE leadership
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support to RISE program with focus on program management and HTS
- Support the implementation of the HTS optimization program, which includes but is not limited to supporting the design and implementation of project activities;
- Collect and manage relevant national and sub-national data including drafting data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, synthesizing analyses from data to support decision making;
- Conduct operational assessments and gap analyses to inform program implementation design and decision making at national and sub-national levels;
- Support monitoring of project progress including preparing periodic reports and/or presentations on areas of focus while closely maintaining deadlines;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with relevant national, provincial, district and facility staff;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by leadership
- Monitor, collate and analyse HTS data and program data, management efforts, compile and report accordingly
- Manage RISE adhoc accountability matrix and volunteer database
- Prepare and process relevant program documents as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) Health / Social Sciences, Public Health or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with an international and or local NGO
- 2 years’ experience in program/project management
- Strong reporting and data analytic skills required
Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines
- Strong analytical skills; ability to process and interpret data trends
- Initiative and ability to identify needs, especially in a busy environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively in teams, adapt and integrate easily with the team,
- Ability to effectively apply their knowledge and skills to the job, and to consistently learn and improve performance.
- Ability to innovate and find new ways of working and improving results
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities, to be productive, fulfill commitments and use resources responsibly.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
Application Closing Date
Close of Business; Monday 5th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the mail.
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org