Society for Family Health (SFH) is a leading non-governmental public health organisation in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS treatment, malaria prevention, and treatment, primary health care system strengthening, non-communicable diseases and maternal, newborn, and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the British Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers, the Global Fund and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career growth and advancement, an excellent working environment, and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit self-motivated and highly qualified persons to fill the under-listed vacant position, in response to organisational expansion into new geographies:
Job Title: Programme Advisor
Ref No: sfh-70996
Locations: Zamfara, Kebbi, and Sokoto
Job Type: Full-time
Duration of Contract: 36 months
- This position will be responsible for overseeing grassroots HIV programme implementation and management for Key Population interventions in the supported States.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Programme management: preparation of work plans, monthly reports, and strategic stakeholder engagements and management.
- Clinical services: HIV Testing services, STI Screening and Management, TB screening and Management, PrEP services, Condom Programming, Cervical Cancer Screening and Management, Care and Treatment, and Viral load services.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: MER indicators and data analysis.
- Supervision: Proven leadership and supervisory experience in leading a program team to successful outcomes.
Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess a First Degree or its equivalent in Medicine / Sciences / Pharmacy / Nursing or related field of study.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years post-university relevant HIV work experience inclusive of a minimum 2 years’ experience with Key Population programming and implementation working with public and NGO sectors is required.
- Experience leading a HIV treatment/care programme team is required for this role.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Knowledge of WHO and national HIV care and treatment guidelines
- Knowledge of KP programming and HIV programme management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and MS-Word.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in the Hausa language and familiar with the culture of Northern communities
- Must be a team player who works well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high-security contexts
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is designed to attract, motivate, and retain talented individuals.
Application Closing Date
18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH. However, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified candidates who are residents in the states where the roles are situated are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;