APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director
Job ID: api-87548
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
Department: Strategic Information
- The PHIS3 project is seeking highly qualified individuals for the position of Project Director. The Project Director is responsible for the overall management of the project including liaison with the funding agency and Government of Nigeria agencies, supervising members of the project team, overseeing project implementation, financial and administrative oversight, reporting and project performance reporting to the funding agency.
- The ideal candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of technology and practices that ensure data accuracy and accessibility, helping to improve efficiency in health care operations.
- S/He should be skilled in health information systems analysis and design, health care information security, health care IT administration, and other areas.
- S/He must also be well-grounded in the management of a large-scale HIV service delivery program in a resource-limited setting. The Project Director reports to the Principal Investigator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and Administration:
- Provides strategic leadership and technical, operational, financial, and managerial leadership for successful implementation of project activities.
- Ensures that the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with funder and stakeholders’ priorities.
- Ensures the project produces the specified results in the annual workplan(s) to the required standard of quality and within the timeline and budget parameters.
- Oversees budget pipeline development and budget monitoring.
- Ensures that the project progresses in accordance to its cooperative agreement obligations and complies with donor regulations and internal organizational policies.
- Assesses proposed projects against the organization’s existing technical architecture and policy standards, utilizing domain knowledge and an understanding of technology strengths & limitations necessary to provide solutions, as well as, open, patient, and transparent communication skills with participating internal and external stakeholders.
- Consistently and effectively manages team coaching and mentoring direct reports and ensuring good morale and growth of your employees. Develop and implement recruitment and retention strategies to bring in new talent
- Acts as the primary project contact person and liaison, ensuring the project is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with USG and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinates organizational relationships with partners and donors related to monitoring and evaluation, providing support in facilitating technical collaboration and coordination activities with Governments, USG, partners, and stakeholders
- Technical Leadership:
- Advises on primary care and community health services to people living with HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and other chronic diseases.
- Establishes and manages a team with all the relevant disciplines and operational staff, including Health Informatics, Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance, Data Science, and Operations departments of the project.
- Develops a detailed implementation plan in line with the agreed scope and resources.
- Oversees development of a monitoring and evaluation plan for the successive phases of the project to capture project performance and results.
- Builds and manages department teams and oversees research and development, as well as project management.
- Manages selections and subsequent vendor relationships. Prepare written reports and deliver presentations on the organization’s informatics solutions.
- Collaborates closely with key partners to understand their requirements and ensure necessary buy-in. Maintains strong interpersonal communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Assigns supervises and evaluates all software solutions to optimize performance, integration, and interoperability.
- Ensures compliance with legal provisions, organizational policies and best practices concerning data management, retention, licensing, and security.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of a network security function to ensure the integrity and privacy of the company’s data and computing environment and protect its investment in technology.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises assigned Management and Administrative staff.
Qualification and Experience
- MBBS/MD, MPH or PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing large Health Informatics programs in LMIC 5 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS program development, implementation, and monitoring in LMIC.
- Sound knowledge of Data Science, Health Informatics, and Implementation Science.
- Five or more years of global and public health experience in sub-Saharan Africa in an international organization or non-profit organization
- Experience working within US federally funded programs.
- Experience with health informatics, surveillance or epidemiology projects
- Demonstrated executive/managerial skills, including experience managing complex programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex budgets, develop staff, and work with executive management on both short- and long-term strategic planning.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate via writing, public speaking and interpersonal interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technology project management
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in programs
- English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to read, analyze, proof, and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from executive and senior managers, employees, the general public, and clients/partners
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know