EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Community Health
Location: Kano (Travel required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)
Department: Clinical Services
- The Project Manager, Community Health, will work closely with the Medical and Operations team of EHA Clinics to drive a sustainable, low-cost community healthcare delivery model accessible to individuals and families in the places they live and work.
- For Nigeria to make progress towards Universal Health Coverage, it will require an exponential increase in access to quality primary care and community healthcare services. The Project Manager, Community Health will drive the effort to reach communities with healthcare services and products, social insurance, and other products/services to improve health and wellbeing.
- Manage a team of community health nurses (CHNs), community health extension workers (CHEWs), community volunteers, and marketers to deliver high-quality community-based health care.
- Actively monitor the performance of team members to ensure they meet service delivery, sales, membership, and other program targets.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Rapidly and iteratively pilot CHEW initiatives in selected communities to test feasibility, acceptability, and profitability before expanding them throughout the program.
- Expand the portfolio of products and services that CHEWs will sell in the communities based on market analysis.
- Organize community health events to promote our services and memberships.
- Using the geographical boundaries, develop a clear list of potential target groups and vigorously engage them for membership enrolment and service delivery.
- Support in the hiring and supervise EHA Clinics CHEW teams of nurses and CHEWs.
- Training and mentoring of service providers on sales and marketing techniques.
- Work with the EHA Clinics team to develop training programs for CHEWs.
- Co-opt key opinion leaders, community leaders, community stakeholders, local and state government officials to facilitate the growth of the program.
- Assist in community-based healthcare research studies and projects by co-creating study proposals, grant applications, etc.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of medicines, tests, and supplies to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Support and assist with different forms of data gathering and analysis
- Prepare proposals for partnerships and other purposes.
- Continuously seek ways to improve service delivery.
- The requirements listed below convey the knowledge, skills, and ability required to successfully perform this job.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in a health-related field e.g. Public Health, Nursing, Medicine, or related field.
- Minimum 6+ years experience in managing field health workers.
- Ability to manage your team’s performance effectively.
- Fluent in Hausa and proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience in being a change agent leading complex transformational activities.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Experience with administrative and accounting procedures.
- An experienced candidate with an MBBS or a BSN.
- An MSc in Public Health or related field.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Improvement Focus.
- Ability to explain complex information in simple terms.
- Change Management and Project Management skills.
- Strong Computer Proficiency.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
- Competitive salary based on our salary scale.
- The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month (based on full-time work schedule).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To be considered for this position, send in a letter of interest addressing how your competencies meet the requirements for this role and an updated copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format.
- Only eligible candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your time and look forward to getting in touch with you.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;