Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Scholarship 2020/2021 is currently ongoing for masters and PhD students. The PTDF scholarship is tenable in France, Germany, China & Malaysia.
The team of Academic Related have given detailed information regarding this scholarship scheme. Get full details below.
What is PTDF Scholarship?
The PTDF overseas Scholarship Scheme is an annual programme for MSc and PhD studies. The purpose is to provide Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill set that will enable them to participate actively in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry at the conclusion of their studies.
What You Need to Know About PTDF Overseas Scholarship 2020-2021
Eligible Level/Field of Study
The PTDF overseas scholarship scheme is open to Masters and PhD studies. Check the webpage below for the eligible universities and courses.
The scholarship will be hosted in 4 different countries, Germany, France, China and Malaysia.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2019-2020.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
The PTDF overseas scholarship scheme is only available for Nigerian students to study abroad.
However, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2019-2020“.
The scholarship program is a fully-funded opportunity, which is to say, it covers the travel expenses, accommodation, tuition and books. You can also access other fully-funded academic scholarship opportunities around you.
PTDF Scholarship 2020 Eligibility
PTDF Masters Scholarship 2020
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
PTDF PhD Scholarship 2020
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng);
- Applicants must also include their master’s degree project
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD Applicants only).
- Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development (MSc Applicants only).
How to Apply for PTDF Scholarship 2020
The mode for the scholarship application will be online.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to upload a NIN Verification Report before completing the application. The report can be obtained from www.verifyme.ng (charges may apply).
- Ongoing PhD Applicants could only apply provided their Universities are among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed above;
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except for a higher degree;
- Applicants who are in possession of a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree;
- Applicants interested in German Institutions should choose Abuja as their preferred interview location;
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Documents to Scan and Attach to the Application Form
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
The scholarship application closing date is on 15th January 2020.
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this WMF Empowerment Scholarship 2020.
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000](Opens in a new browser tab)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2020 in UK (Fully Funded)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Adelaide Scholarships International 2020-2021 in Australia(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2019-2020(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC/Eroton JV Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2019-2020
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2020-2021 for International Students in the USA
- Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2019-2020
- NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarships 2019 for Nigerian Students
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched or looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2019 and 2020.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.
Join Our Whatsapp Group for Scholarship Updates
If you want to be getting our scholarship update, join our WhatsApp group.
How the group works
- The group is locked for only admin to be posting
- Information will be posted to the group not more than 4 times a week
PTDF Scholarship Past Questions
If you are preparing for this PTDF scholarship exams, you should know that; the Oversea M.Sc and PhD Awards are all drawn from Nigerian and major landmarks in foreign current affairs, issues in the oil and gas sector, and recently English language for part 1. Part 2 has to do with your course of study in relation to oil and gas.
Part I: General paper (50 Objective Questions)
- Basic English
- Simple statistics,
- Quadratic equations,
- Word problems in mathematics
EXCERPTS OF 2017/2018 PTDF EXAM QUESTIONS
- If you demur during a discussion, you
a. raise an objection.
b. make a good point.
c. make an embarrassing remark
d. say something that insults someone.
- If you stymie someone’s plans, you
a. copy those plans.
b. change those plans.
c. Cancel those plans.
d. obstruct those plans.
- Something that is biased and not impartial is referred to as
For questions, choose the best synonym for each vocabulary word.
- A harrowing experience is
a. mundane and boring.
b. distressing and upsetting.
c. sensual and romantic.
d. happy and joyful.
- An ineluctable consequence
a. cannot be avoided.
b. is not desirable.
c. would not be anticipated.
d. can be avoided.
- An exigent medical condition would
a. affect the extremities.
b. be slow to develop.
c. be commonplace and of little concern.
d. require immediate attention.
EXCERPTS OF 2016/2017 PTDF EXAM QUESTIONS
(1) The villagers told him to cut the cackle and come to the horses
- Start his narration from the beginning
- Forget the essential and go into the heart of the matter
- Prepare for war instead of making peace
- To stop wasting their time with excuses
(2) He is the best in his team. he practiced so hard for the relay race. He pulled a muscle, unfortunately, his team lost
- He was beaten by his mates
- He was booed by the fans
- His game-master scolded him
- He was unhappy
(3)Ropes are made from strands
(4) To him, achieving the goals was squaring the circle
(5) We heard much about the professor. We all expected him. He taught and muted and nobody heard what he said
- We all shouted at him
- We shut him up
- We went home disappointed
- We slept off
EXCERPTS OF 2013/2014 PTDF EXAM
GENERAL PAPER SAMPLE QUESTIONS
(1) Who is the African footballer of the year 2012?
- Didier Drogba
- Mikel Obi
- Yaya Toure
- Samuel Eto’o
- Asamoah Gyan
(2) How many numbers of states were first created in Nigeria?
- 12 states
- 19 states
- 21 states
- 7 states
- 30 states
(3) When did the attack on the World Trade Centre take place in?
- 12th August 2001
- 12th September 2001
- 21st August 2001
- 11th September 2001
- 31st August 2001
For more of the questions and answers, click on the following link