Panagora Group is a woman-owned, small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Qualitative Analysis Specialist
Job Opening ID: 524
Employment Type: Full time
Project / Activity: USAID / Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Zip / Postal Code: 000000
- Panagora Group, a small business specializing in monitoring, evaluation, and learning, global health, and international development, seeks an experienced qualitative analysis specialist for an anticipated USAID/Nigeria Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning activity.
- This is a long-term position based in Abuja, Nigeria expected to start in Spring 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide qualitative data support across the MEL activity and advise other technical staff on the use of qualitative methods, from methodological design to information analysis.
- Provide technical input during the design of qualitative data collection activities.
- Develop the qualitative data codebook according to the objectives and methodological design of each evaluation or assessment.
- Support qualitative data fieldwork, both in-person and remotely.
- Code interviews and information resulting from data collection, using the codebook, and emerging categories defined in conjunction with the technical teams.
- Create NVivo reports and searches needed by technical teams.
- Contribute to qualitative data analysis findings graphics, and other content for reports, events, success stories, and other communication products, individually or in collaboration with others.
- Working with the Data Systems Senior Specialist, guard the MEL activity’s sensitive qualitative information, according to USAID protocols, and support qualitative data anonymization and confidentiality processes.
- Train appropriate technical and administrative staff and consultants in qualitative data collection, qualitative data coding, and qualitative data analysis software, as needed.
- Execute all other functions assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, political science, public health, international development, or social science that emphasizes research methods.
- Minimum of five years of experience in applying qualitative data methods in evaluation and/or research activities.
- Preferable relevant work experience and expertise in specialized field, which include the areas of: (1) economic growth and environment (i.e. agricultural development); (2) education; (3) health, populations, and nutrition; (4) HIV/TB; and (5) peace and democratic governance.
- Experience supporting MEL donor-funded mechanisms, preferably with USAID experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct field work in non-permissive environments, areas with hardship conditions, remote areas, and conflict-affected areas for extended periods of time.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative statistical analysis and software such as NVIVO, ATLAS, etc.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Experience training colleagues a plus.
- Meaningful professional experience in Nigeria a strong advantage.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This is a high profile job, so before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
- No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
- Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.