APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Improvement Advisor
Req ID: api-59133
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Quality Improvement Advisor to lead its monitoring and evaluation activities. Activities will include strengthening the Monitoring and Evaluation systems of GON agencies and Implementing partners.
- This is a full-time position. Senior Technical Officer (Quality Improvement) will supervise the QI Associates and will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance lead. The Quality Improvement Advisor will supervise the implementation of Quality Improvement initiatives in the country. He will also implement a QI Collaborative in the Red/Green States and a Quality Improvement Learning Network in the yellow states
- S/He will also lead Data Quality Improvement activities aimed at improving the Quality of data in the country. The Monitoring and Quality Improvement Advisor reports directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead all QI activities for the organization, including but not limited to: the Design, Implementation and management of QI Collaborative and the QI Coaching Certification program
- Lead QI associates to provide hands-on support to both face-to-face training and distance education projects, including but not limited to conducting training sessions, webinars, and other QI projects.
- Lead the strategic planning phase for Quality Improvement initiatives, including the development and implementation of QI a plan for the initiative, as well as identify and engage stakeholders that will participate in the Collaborative.
- Support the Surveillance and M&E units with the development of Clinical and Surveillance Training materials and governance documents.
- He/She will provide implementation support to QI projects (including QI Collaboratives and other QI initiatives) of PEPFAR Funded Implementing partners.
- Develop a QI Coaching Certification program in partnership with other Stakeholders.
- Support the development of a Quality Improvement Learning network in any program area as directed by the funders.
- Document QI training and technical assistance activities and help to produce reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- MD, RN, Ph.D., MPH in Medicine, Public Health, Nursing or related field
- Five (5) years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in the implementation of health programs
- Three (3) years of relevant QI activities in low-resource settings
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know