The Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora, is a public funded tertiary institution established to train men and women in different areas of Agriculture, Technology and Management and with a view to becoming not only employers of labour but facilitators of self-sufficiency.
The College which was established in 2006 runs full time National Diploma and Higher National Diploma courses in Agriculture, Technology, Management and other Allied Courses.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of:
Job Title: Rector
Location: Igboora, Oyo
- The Rector is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the College and has general responsibility for matters relating to day to day management operations of the College.
- He/She is also responsible for the policy execution, subject to the general control and superintendence of the Governing Council.
- The Rector by virtue of the Enabling Laws of the College is a member of Council and the Chairman of the Board of Studies.
- The occupant of the office also serves as the Chairman of Congregation, Appointments and Promotions Committee as well as a member of all statutory Committees of the College.
- As the Chief Academic and Executive Officer of the College, the Rector shall provide the requisite leadership in academic affairs.
- He /She is also expected to secure the support of the public sector, community, industry, higher educational institutions and professional bodies for the work of the College and its products.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a Chief Lecturer or equivalent in any of the disciplines offered in the College with at least twenty (20) years of graduate/professional and administrative experience at least five (5) years of which must have been gained in a College of Agriculture, Polytechnic or an Institution of Corporate standing. He / She must be a doctorate degree holder.
- Show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals in and outside the Country
- Demonstrate ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for such a well-established institution.
- Be a person of proven integrity.
- Strengthen the bridges between staff, students and other members of the College community
- Command both national and international respect, particularly in the academic / technological world and which would enhance a good reputation of the College.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health.
- Be not more than 60 years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty
- Belong to relevant professional bodies.
- Proficient in ICT.
- Attract the much-needed funds into the College.
- The appointment of the Rector is for a single term of five (5) years. Other conditions of service are as contained in the College Conditions of Service for Principal Officers as may be reviewed from time to time as approved by the Governing Council.
Salary and other Conditions of Service
The salary and other Conditions of Service attached to the post of Rector are as applicable in Tertiary Institutions in Oyo State and others as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the order listed hereunder:
- Full Names of applicant with surname in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Present Employment, Status and Salary
- Working Experience in chronological order with dates
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children
- Name of Spouse(s)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current Postal contact address (with phone numbers and e-mail address,
- Permanent Home Address
- Names of Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Academic and Professional honours and distinctions/commendations with dates
- Research and Publications
- Extra Curricular Activities/Good Causes
- Date of availability for assumption of duty, if appointed
- Any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, at least two (2) of whom should be able to write on the academic and professional competences of the candidates.
Candidates are to submit along with their applications a detailed Vision / Mission Plan with Implementation Strategies, for accelerated academic, infrastructural and institutional development of the College.
Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked “Rector” at the bottom left hand corner and should be addressed and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Governing Council,
Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology,
P.M.B. 10, Igboora,
- Applicants ensure that their referees forward confidential reports on their applications directly to the Registrar, to reach him not later than the above closing date.
- Only applications of candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;