The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja,
FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is
the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Announcement Number: Lagos-2020-039
Series/Grade: LE – 0510 9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a
reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization
and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
- Function of the Position: The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse
with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees
and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as
well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies.
- S/he implements a robust vaccination program, administration of
group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency
contingency planning for the Mission.
- S/he works in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP).
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from
an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid
nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license
from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- Minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- The incumbent must possess critical-thinking skills and comprehend
the established policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations,
hospitalizations and insurance reimbursement methodology.
- Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical
services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including vetted
specialists and hospitals. Is a resource for arranging the best method
to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working
relationship with transport facilities.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge in English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a
client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity
interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice
Guidelines and be familiar with American Nursing Standards of Care.
- Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable
treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation,
marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of
Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the
U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that
may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are
extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it
is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on
the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the
applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release
or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces
that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or
released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable
conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate
military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service
dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the
character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in
order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees
on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH,
etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- NGN 10,790,540 / USD $47,148 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button.
For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the
requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational
requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to
provide requested information, or the information you submit is
insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Certificate or License
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing
all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may
be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section 09-461-4000 [email protected]
Application Deadline 19th August, 2020.
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.