he Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora, is a public funded tertiary institution established to train men and women in different areas of Agriculture, Technology and Management and with a view to becoming not only employers of labour but facilitators of self-sufficiency.
The College which was established in 2006 runs full-time National Diploma and Higher National Diploma courses in Agriculture, Technology, Management and other Allied Courses.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Igboora, Oyo
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and Chief Administrative Officer of the College.
- He or she is responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration of the College.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Board of Studies, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
The person vying for the position of Registrar shall meet the following criteria:
- Good honours degrees with a minimum of second class upper division from a recognised University.
- He / She must not be less in rank than Deputy Registrar and should have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, five (5) of which must be at a senior management position.
- He / She must be in excellent physical and mental health and not more than 60 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- He/she must belong to a relevant professional body.
- Proficiency in ICT is required.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- The appointment of the Registrar is for a single term of five (5) years. Other conditions of service are as contained in the College Conditions of Service for Principal Officers as may be reviewed from time to time as approved by the Governing Council.
Salary and other Conditions of Service
The salary and other Conditions of Service attached to the post of Registrar are as applicable in Tertiary Institutions in Oyo State and others as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty (30) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the order listed hereunder:
- Full Names of applicant with surname in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Present Employment, Status and Salary
- Working Experience in chronological order with dates
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children
- Name of Spouse(s)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current Postal contact address (with phone numbers and e-mail address,
- Permanent Home Address
- Names of Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications with dates
- Academic and Professional honours and distinctions/commendations with dates
- Research and Publications
- Extra Curricular Activities/Good Causes
- Date of availability for assumption of duty, if appointed
- Any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, at least two (2) of whom should be able to write on the academic and professional competences of the candidates.
Candidates are to submit along with their applications a detailed Vision / Mission Plan with Implementation Strategies, for accelerated academic, infrastructural and institutional development of the College.
Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked “Registrar” at the bottom left hand corner and should be addressed and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Governing Council,
Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology,
P.M.B. 10, Igboora,
- Applicants ensure that their referees forward confidential reports on their applications directly to the Registrar, to reach him not later than the above closing date.
- Only applications of candidates shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;