The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University, except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to the Governing Council, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- The right Candidate for the job must possess a good honours Degree from a recognised university, with at least, fourteen (14) years relevant post- qualification experience, preferably in an Institution of higher learning. Possession of higher Degree(s) will be an added advantage.
- The preferred Candidate must show verifiable evidence of consummate management and leadership positions.
- In addition, the Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations, and be ready to work in a team.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as generally applicable in the Nigeria University System and as may, from time to time, be determined by the University Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be for a single term of 5 years.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit ten (10) typewritten copies of their applications, credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-Mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates) where applicable
- List of publication with Details of Titles, Publishers or Journals, Dates and Pages
- Working Experience: General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary (Detailing Work Schedule)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields).
Applications should be marked “Confidential” (For the attention of Vice- Chancellor)” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope and submitted to:
University of Port Harcourt,
P.M.B 5323, Senate Building,
- The Referees should forward their Reference Reports on the Candidate directly to the Vice-Chancellor
- Please note that late applications will NOT be entertained.
- Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;