The Space is a contemporary coworking center that is home to productivity, innovation, co-creation, and the stars of today and tomorrow. We are hiring for an affiliate company in Lekki, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Supervisor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an experienced and innovative Retail supervisor for a supermarket.
- The core responsibility of the successful candidate will be to oversee the smooth running of all retail operations.
- Our ideal candidate will be someone with good communication skills with the ability to lead a team and who has experience working in retail services. To be successful in this role, you must have a fine blend of people and business management skills.
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor
- Understand and oversee financial objectives – budgeting & forecasts; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Formulate pricing policies & ensure pricing is correct
- Lead promotional initiatives and activities
- Work on store displays and ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed
- Attend trade shows and carry out market surveys to identify new products and services
- Coach, counsel, recruit, train, and discipline employees
- Identify current and future trends that appeal to consumers in order to constantly improve general customer experience
- Ensure vendors are onboarded in line with the approved onboarding process
- Carry out inventory and ensure items are in stock
- Keep up with fluctuating supply and demand
- Utilize information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and planning
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met
- Maintain store’s cleanliness and health and safety measures.
- Organize and distribute staff schedules.
- Preside over staff meetings
- Help retail sales staff achieve sales targets
- Manage different departments within the store
- Handle customer questions, complaints, and issues
- Prepare activity/sales reports and share with the stakeholders periodically.
- Interested candidates should possess relevant qualifications and work experience.
- Proven work experience as a supervisor or manager in a supermarket
- Must be computer literate and have an understanding of retail pos software/systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with no supervision
- Good attention to details
- Proven knowledge about retail services
- Must live within Lagos Island, Lekki axis preferably.
N80,000 – N100,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know