Scripps college acceptance rate is somewhat selective. It is one of the most prestigious college for womenin American West and even though the Scripps acceptance rate is quite competitive, they still enroll the best female students to pursue their chosen program.
This article will give you more insight on the Scripps college acceptance rate, tuition fee and other additional information you might need before applying to this eminent college.
- About Scripps College
- Why Choose Scripps College?
- What Is Scripps College Acceptance Rate?
- What Is Scripps College Tuition?
- Scripps College Transfer Acceptance Rate
- Scripps College Acceptance Rate By Major
- Scripps College Admission Requirements
- How To Apply To Scripps College
- Scripps College Transfer Requirements
- What Is Scripps College GPA Requirement?
- Scripps College Deadlines/Decision Dates
- Scripps College Acceptance Rate 2022 FAQs
About Scripps College
Scripps college is a private liberal arts college in Claremont, California, United States. It was found asone of the memberof the Claremont colleges in 1926, a year after the consortium formation.
The college was endowed with a gift from Ellen Browning Scripps who is a renowned philanthropist, prominent figure in the world of education, publishing and women’s right.
According to him, the paramount obligation of this college is to develop in Its students the ability to think independently and clearly, live clearly, live confidently, courageously and hopefully.
Scripps founded this college as one of the first institutions in the west dedicated to educating women for both personal growth and professional growth.
Why Choose Scripps College?
Scripps college has proven to be the best among other coeducational institutions by graduating the best female students that can standout from their counterparts around the world.
It is the best choice for any female who wishes to study at a private liberal arts college as it is consistently ranked in top positions on the US news and other major rankings.
It offers instruction and knowledge to the students with the rightsupervision from professors and it follows an extensive interdisciplinary core curriculum.
What Is Scripps College Acceptance Rate?
Scripps college acceptance rate 2022 is 35.1% and this is the same rate for both early decision applicants and regular decision applicants.
For the class that enrolled in Fall 2020, Scripps college received over 3,000 applicants application but they admitted and enrolled just 967students which means the acceptance rate then was just 32.0%.
For every 100 applications received, only 35 students are accepted into Scripps College.
ALSO CHECK: Massart Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
What Is Scripps College Tuition?
Every year, Scripps college trustees releases it tuition fee and the approved undergraduate tuition for Scripps college 2022/2023 is $30,247 for one season.
However, this does not include other fees like the student body fee, typical board and room charges and fees but the total of all fees is approximately $57,708.
Scripps College Transfer Acceptance Rate
Scripps acceptance rate for transfer students is low as the institution admits only the best students. The transfer acceptance rate for Scrippscollege is 16.08%. This means that for every 100 applications received from transfer applicants, only 16 is admitted.
For being a transfer student, this college requires you to be the best in all your courses which is why getting in looks competitive and selective.
Scripps College Acceptance Rate By Major
Scripps offers really good major courses in education and foreign language.Scripps college gives students the opportunity to take 2 majors and they also support the student by providing a good learning environment and resources for the students. The majors includes;
- Africana studies
- American studies
- Art history
- Art conservation
- Asian American studies
- Asian studies
- Core curriculum
- Environment, politics and economics
- Environmental analysis program
- European studies
- Feminist, gender and sexuality studies
- Jewish studies
- Legal studies
- Media studies
- Middle east and north Africa studies
- Molecular biology
- Organismal biology
- Religious studies
- Science management
- Science, technology and society
- Spanish, Latin, American and Caribbean literature and cultures
- Writing program
- Writing and rhetoric
The faculty student ratio at Scripps College is 10:1, this implies that 78.2% of the classes has fewer than 20 students. The above majors have an acceptance rate of 35.2% but the Majors listed below are very popular so they have their own acceptance rate.
- Social science: 14%
- Biological and biomedical sciences: 12%
- Psychology: 8%
- Area, ethnic, cultural, gender and group studies: 9%
- Visual and performing arts: 8%
- English language and literature: 6%
- Foreign languages, literature and linguistics: 4%
- Natural resources and conservation: 4%
Scripps College Admission Requirements
Scripps college acceptance rate is just 35.1% but getting in alsorequires you to have a good academic standing at your previous school and other specific requirements which includes;
- Online application through the common app
- $60 application fee
- School report and counselor recommendation
- Two academic teacher recommendations (preferable from a senior class)
- Official transcript from all secondary school attended
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Interview (optional)
Additional requirements for international students
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo test results
- Official result from any international baccalaureate or national exam
- Proof of financial records
How To Apply To Scripps College
- Complete your online application and pay the application fee
- Submit the required documents (transcript s, school reports, recommendations, test scores etc.) by mail at applicants@Scippscollege.edu
- Ensure you submitted the right document to avoid jeopardizing your admission.
Scripps College Transfer Requirements
Scripps College is very competitive and getting in as a transfer student is not as easy as it might seem. In addition, getting in as a transfer student has its own requirements although Its no less different from the general undergraduate requirements.
- Application through the common app
- $60 application fee
- Transfer college report
- Transfer mid term report form
- Two academic evaluations
- Official transcripts from all secondary schools and colleges attended
- SAT/ACT scores (optional)
- Interview (optional)
What Is Scripps College GPA Requirement?
Scripps College is a competitive school to get into l, so one of the things you need to look out for when applying is the GPA requirements. This school has an extremely selective admission requirement as they only accept the best students.The GPA requirement for Scripps College is 4.12
Scripps College Scholarships
Scripps College considers all first year applicants for a merit based scholarship which ranges from $15,000 to $28,000 annually.
All merit based scholarships are renewable for four years and applicants are usually notified when they have been awarded with a merit based scholarship at the time of their admission. No additional form or application is required for Scripps college scholarships.
Scripps College Deadlines/Decision Dates
Scripps College accepts new intakes for fall and spring. Or gives applicants the opportunity to choose the method of that is very suitable for them.
Early decision is a very excellent option for students who know that Scripps College is their first choice of institution of higher learning.
Early Decision applicants receive an early application review and notification of admission decision when regular decision is the traditional application pattern of Scripps College.
- Deadline: November 15
- Notification: Mid December
- Reply Deadline: January 15
- Deadline: January 5
- Notification: Mid February
- Reply Deadline: March 1
- Deadline: January 5
- Notification: April 1
- Reply Deadline: May 1
- Spring Deadline: November 15
- Notification: Rolling basis
- Fall deadline: March 15
- Notification: Rolling basis (starts May 1)
Scripps college is has a very good learning environment for students with it’s extremely gorgeous campus buildings. This is a college any female (transgender inclusive) should clamor to attend because it is solely dedicated to empowering female voices and education.
While studying here, you won’t have to worry about missing out on the resources given to larger institutions as Scripps, as you already know is part of the Claremont colleges which means you have access to a one-on-one time with a professor and support to carry out any research.
Good luck with your application.
Scripps College Acceptance Rate 2022 FAQs
Scripps college is not hard to get into. It is still one of the many colleges that has open admissions which means that even if it takes efforts to get into Scripps College, as long as you have the basic requirements you stand a very good chance at getting in.
Scripps college allows admitted students to defer their admission to resume the next year. You will be expected to submit a $500 commitment fee to give Scripps the assurance that you’re coming back to enroll after the one year deferment. Request for a deferment must be made in writing to the vice president to be considered for a deferment.
Submitting your test scores to Scripps college is not mandatory but you can still choose whether or not to send your test scores. However, most applicants still submit it because they feel it would actually increase their chance of getting in most especially when they have really high test scores.
Scripps college is one of the many colleges that offers really good financial aid to their students. This aid is given to students with financial needs and it comes in form of grants, loans (work and study to pay) and student employment.
scrippscollege.edu – Study at Scripps college
- Massart Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- AMDA Acceptance Rate 2022: Ranking, Admissions And Scholarships
- UNCG Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission Requirements And Scholarships
- Bentley University Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Harvey Mudd College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships