The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its headquarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Distribution
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Ensure adequate and timely submission and review of 5-year Distribution Expansion Plan by the Distribution Licensees.
- Review and recommend for Commission’s approval Distribution Expansion Plans submitted by Distribution Licensees.
- Monitor the implementation of Distribution Expansion Plans by the Distribution Companies.
- Monitor Distribution Assets Additions and Report to the Division quarterly.
- Liaise with Finance & Management Services/Market, Competition & Rate Divisions to review Distribution Assets additions in line with CAPEX provisions in the MYTO approved for the Distribution Companies.
- Monitor Load Allocations and Up-takes by the Distribution Companies and report variances for Commission’s further actions.
- Monitor compliance with the Distribution Code, Health & Safety Code, NESIS, and other Regulatory Instruments by the Distribution Companies.
- Regularly liaise with the Distribution Companies, relating to Distribution technical issues.
- Support the PM (Performance Monitoring) on the review, evaluation, and reporting of Compliance Performance Report of the Discos.
- Advise the Engineering, Performance, and Monitoring Division/Commission on any distribution issues.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Bias in Power Systems or Electrical Services).
- Minimum years of experience: 12 years
- Team player, Work well under Pressure, Self-Starter
- Modelling Applications, Project Management Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know