The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Transmission Services
Division: Engineering, Performance and Monitoring
- Tracking of transmission network capacity, capability & reliability improvements
- Routine inspection of transmission network assets
- Evaluate reports on transmission network equipment failure
- Developing regulatory initiatives and policies that will improve transmission network integrity
- Knowledge and monitoring of transmission systems protection scheme, including relay settings and coordination across the NESI Operators.
- Knowledge and monitoring of the implementation of preventive maintenance and safety requirements for the transmission network operations.
- Maintain knowledge and keep abreast of emerging technologies in transmission network systems
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Develop presentations and reports
- Carry out any other task assigned by the AGM, Networks.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- First Degree & Master’s in Electrical Engineering (Bias in Power Systems). Registration with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) is an added advantage.
- Minimum years of experience: 12 years.
- Team player, Work well under Pressure, Self-Starter. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Network simulation tools. NEPLAN, PSS, or Digsilient.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know