The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities.
We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share.
This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Manager and Cluster Lead, West Africa Cluster
Location: Abuja / Lagos
Pay Band: 7
Contract Duration – Indefinite
- The post holder will lead on the development of strategic procurement for the British Council for West Africa cluster within SSA region to add value to business, maximise efficiency and ensure compliance with global procurement policies and processes as well as the consistent adaptation of good commercial and professional practice whilst ensuring probity at all time.
- The successful candidate will lead and promote cross (country)-border procurement activities and ensure consideration of collaboration of opportunities is undertaken on cluster (or sometimes regional) large scale procurement work.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Undergraduate Degree in Supply Chain Management or Economics or Business or Social Science related field or MCIPS or equivalent demonstrated experience in procurement with not-for profit organisations
- Previous experience in cross border procuring, contracting and Supplier Relationship Management role.
- Experience of relevant Category Management.
- Building relationships with internal stakeholders and identifying innovative ways of working with suppliers.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of working within main category areas (travel, facilities, consultancy, hotels, venues, marketing etc).
- Demonstrable relevant work/industry experience in cross border Procurement, contract and Supplier management.
Role Specific Skills:
- Stakeholder engagement through collaborations, leading and influencing business decisions
- Procurement in least developed economies with high supply chain risks
- Professional qualification in procurement, CIPS, minimum diploma preferably or equivalent.
N15,195,957 per annum.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- The British Council will not facilitate / sponsor visa applications and work permits.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know