United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Swift Application Support
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Objective (s)
- To ensure continuous uninterrupted operation of Swift Support Application Enterprise wide within the frame of the agreed service levels through best practices.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support Swift Services Support, and associated hardware.
- Analyse existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement with regards to Capacity management / Service Improvement.
- Ensure timely understanding of any new software integration into company systems.
- Ensure preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software is carried out as and when due.
- Ensure smooth running and availability of 99.99 Swift Services Support 24 x 7×365.
- Manage assigned program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Operate within established service level agreements with business units. IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Ensure proper understanding of documented Swift Services Support process/procedures and Configuration items
- Take necessary and prompt corrective actions to ensure the achievement of set objectives.
- To ensure continuous uninterrupted support of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise wide within the frame of the agreed service levels through best practices.
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery operations of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise wide and ensure there is 99.99% service Availability and zero data loss in the event of disaster events.
- Apply proven communication and Service Management skills on issues related to the support of Swift Services Support Application Enterprise wide.
- Minimum educational level – First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational Sciences with strong Information systems component
- A second Degree in any of these disciplines, an MBA and/or technical certifications will enhance performance though not essential.
- Minimum requisite experience – 7 years relevant experience within a technology intensive environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with in-depth knowledge of good business continuity and disaster recovery operations of Swift Applications.
- Our ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of supporting and managing Swift Applications with at least 7 years of related experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Application support
- IT operations
- Service level management
- Release and deployment
- Continuity management
- Technical specialism
- Supplier relationship management
- Emerging technology monitoring
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- IT & computer appreciation
- Analytical skill.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures.
What We Expect From You
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know