Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Service Desk Officer
Purpose Of The Job
- To plan and coordinate the timely and adequate delivery of all IT support requests for the company and its supported subsidiaries, in accordance with approved organizational information technology policies and procedures.
- The service desk officer oversees operations and serves as the service desk liaison to key business-impacting projects, in addition to managing a potentially large number of support agents (in several locations, shifts).
- To assist the Service Desk Manager in providing outstanding customer service.
- Monitor operations to make sure tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for smooth operations, ensures SLAs are being met and service-desk customers are happy with the support they are receiving.
- Responsible not only for the definition of a set of internal processes, policies, controls and operations but also serve a guide to helpdesk agents on their adoption and compliance.
- Participate in activities or oversee a small staff contributing to project work (major incidents, changes, and releases, DRP, ITSM tool implementation)
- Develop and update PC setup and maintenance plan in alignment with the Service Desk Manager
- Monitor operational performance proactively and troubleshoot system problems that affect end-users and take necessary steps to resolve them.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external service providers to ensure timely resolutions of escalated incidents or service requests.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or related course
- IT Information Library (ITIL) Intermedia, Security & Network Certification will be a plus.
- 4 years’ cognate experience.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have the ability to articulate IT solutions clearly and confidently to end-users
- Possess strong managerial abilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know