Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Applications are invited for the program below:
Title: Sabbatical Attachment for University Lecturers
Duration: 12 Months (Non-renewable)
- Top 26 Free Online Public Health Courses for 2020
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
The sabbatical attachment offers University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above, opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC). It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at the SPDC JV Centres of Excellence (CoE).
Teams / Disciplines
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Biodiversity, Environmental Toxicology, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrobiology, Water Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Ecology, etc.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment; and GMoU Implementation
- Community Health: Consultant Community Health; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; and Paediatrics.
- Oil Spill Response: Mechanized Bioremediation.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
Applicants are expected to submit the following in the online form:
- A summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SCiN business during the 12 months sabbatical (400 words maximum)
- Personal and educational details.
- Relevant Work Experience
- Maximum of three (3) referees
- Application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- Research Proposal including: Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome (1300 words maximum).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Application is free and only possible online through the link above. No application by email would be accepted.
- Applicants should have a valid email and phone number.
- Applicants for Sabbatical position must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines.
- Multiple applications will attract disqualification penalty.
- Only Shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- No upload of document is required, relevant documents would be requested from shortlisted candidates
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2020.