Hello welcome, we have prepared for you the ongoing Shell Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students 2021-2022. This piece of content contains the right information needed for you to win the Shell scholarship and other Nigerian undergraduate scholarships in 2021.
What You Need to Know About Shell Scholarship 2021
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian students to apply for the Shell Scholarship 2021.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship for Students in Nigerian Universities is one of the current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates. Thus it is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation MeritAward (OM).
Why Apply for Shell Scholarship 2021?
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the evergrowing list of students which Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities.
The applicants are shortlisted on the basis of the national SSCE and JAMB examination results. This is followed by an aptitude test at the PortHarcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos and Abuja centers.
There are two categories of the Shell Scholarship Scheme, Only first-year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
The merit-based Shell scholarships are in two categories:
- The National Merit Award (NM) and – open to Nigerian undergraduates
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award – open to indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
An average of 16,000 applicants responds to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
Level/Field of Study
The shell scholarship for undergraduate is intended for students in their 100 and 200 level. The shell scholarship covers all the field offered at Nigerian Universities.
However, Apart from this ongoing Shell Undergraduate Scholarship scheme 2021, there are other Nigerian undergraduates scholarships, such as Agbami Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students, NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship, Federal Government Scholarships 2021-2022 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates, etc.
Check for more scholarships for Nigerians
How Much does Shell Scholarship Pay?
Shell Scholarship pays N150,000 to the Successful Winners. The annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course.
The 4000 winners will receive N150,000 throughout the duration of their course.
What are the Requirements Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2021
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2021-2022 academic session and pursuing the first-degree program.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
How to Apply for Shell Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- All applicants should have valid personal email account for the purpose of correspondence for this application.
- All applications must be done online, visit the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by government-recognised:
- The paramount chief/traditional head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to:
Social Performance & Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG
Shell scholarship 2021 Application Deadline
The scholarship application opens 30th August and closes on 25th September 2021
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2021-2022 for Developing Countries [$50,000](Opens in a new browser tab)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2021-2022 for Developing Countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2021 in UK (Fully Funded)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Adelaide Scholarships International 2021-2022 in Australia(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship 2021-2022(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC/Eroton JV Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme2021-2022
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2021-2022 for International Students in the USA
- Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2021-2022
- NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarships 2021 for Nigerian Students
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched or looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2021 and 2022.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.