Hello, welcome; we have prepared for you the ongoing Shell Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students 2023. This content contains the information needed for you to win the Shell scholarship and other Nigerian undergraduate scholarships in 2023.
What You Need to Know About Shell Scholarship 2023
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian students to apply for the Shell Scholarship 2023.
Shell Undergraduate Scholarship for Students in Nigerian Universities is one of the current scholarships for Nigerian undergraduates. Thus it is classified into two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation MeritAward (OM).
Why Apply for Shell Scholarship 2023?
Every year, more than 4,000 Nigerian undergraduates write aptitude tests to join the ever-growing list of students Shell Nigeria supports in Nigerian Universities.
The applicants are shortlisted based on their national SSCE and JAMB examination results. An aptitude test at the Port Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Lagos, and Abuja centers follows this.
There are two categories of the Shell Scholarship Scheme; only first-year students are eligible for the awards in both categories.
The merit-based Shell scholarships are in two categories:
- The National Merit Award (NM) and – open to Nigerian undergraduates
- The Areas of Operation Merit Award – open to indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, and Rivers States.
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships available only at Nigerian Universities.
Level/Field of Study
The shell scholarship for undergraduates is intended for students in their 100 and 200 levels. The shell Scholarship covers all the fields offered at Nigerian universities.
However, apart from this ongoing Shell Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2023, there are other Nigerian undergraduate scholarships, such as the Agbami Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students, NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship, Federal Government Scholarships 2022-2023 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates, etc.
The Shell Petroleum Scholarship is only available to Nigerians.
Don’t forget that the entire team of Academic Related has you at heart and will always provide you with the latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
How Much does Shell Scholarship Pay?
The Shell Scholarship pays N150,000 to the successful winners. The annual SPDC JV grant is for your course’s full duration.
The 4000 winners will receive N150,000 throughout their course.
What are the Requirements Shell Nigeria Scholarship 2023
Eligible Applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2022-2023 academic session and pursuing the first-degree program.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
How to Apply for Shell Scholarships for Nigerian Students
The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- All applicants should have a valid personal email account for correspondence for this application.
- All applications must be made online; visit the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/ to apply.
- Applicants for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, stamped and signed by government-recognized:
- The paramount chief/traditional head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to the following:
Social Performance & Social Investment
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
P/S: Each document must not exceed 200KB, and the image format must be JPEG
Shell Scholarship 2023 Application Deadline
The scholarship application opens on 30th August and closes on 25th September 2023
- Shell DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN‘ Representatives’ /’Agents’ to assist applicants in processing applications.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance), and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Editor’s Pick: American Airlines Scholarship | Requirements & How to Apply
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries [$50,000](Opens in a new browser tab)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme in UK (Fully Funded)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Adelaide Scholarships International in Australia(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC-SNEPCo National University Scholarship(Opens in a new browser tab)
- NNPC/Eroton JV Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students in the USA
- Exxon-Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC/NAOC/OANDO Joint Venture Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched for or were looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you liked this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There, you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2023 and 2024.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content with your families and friends.