PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Site Risk Manager
Job Code: JR000256
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Level: Grade 5
Department: Supply Chain
Responsible to: Group Risk Manager
Responsible for: Site Services Manager, Group Instrumentation Manager, Stores Manager
Department Strategic Objectives
- To achieve and sustain world-class standards in Health, Safety & Environment in line with OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- To ensure actions to improve quality of safety communications on site, workers awareness and appreciation of safety and environmental issues and improvement of safety culture.
- To ensure equipment and materials required for Emergency Preparedness are provided and maintained in good working conditions.
- To continuously monitor & communicate HSE performance indicators; and take needed actions to prevent/correct anomalies with organisational expectations.
- To initiate programs and plans that ensure the Organisational Health, Safety & Environmental expectations and Corporate Social Responsibility continue to be met.
- To plan and coordinate site Health, Safety & Environment Management Systems to mitigate risks and achieve corporate plans.
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size Other
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- Collaborates with the Engineering & Maintenance team, factory team, and emergency response team in ensuring safe executions of routine and non-routine jobs.
- Works closely with the regulatory and certification bodies to ensure compliance with statutory and other relevant standards.
- Liaise with Contractors to achieve compliance with corporate HSE targets.
- Engineering Department managers and staff.
- Chief Engineer
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Excellent understanding and application of HSE principles; the nature of hazards and risks in manufacturing and construction environment and applicable controls to mitigate impact on people, asset and operating environment.
- Good understanding, implementation and documentation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- Working knowledge of current local HSE legislations as applicable to manufacturing operations.
The key outputs of the job are:
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10. NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
- To ensure Successful Certification of Organisation to ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and the sustenance of OHSAS 18001 Certification.
- To continuously monitor & communicate HSE performance indicators as reports to Site HSE Committee, Engineering Weekly meeting.
- To ensure planned and timely servicing of fire extinguishers, hydrants, hose reels, smoke detectors, heat sensors, manual call points and alarm systems to maintain them in good working conditions.
- To develop and implement contractor management system for the Ikorodu factory site.
- To ensure effective and efficient coordination of fire marshals, first aiders, safety and environmental champions to meet operational expectations.
- Maintain Ohsas 18001 Certification And Achieve Iso 14001 Certification By End Q4 2021
- OHSAS 18001 1st Surveillance audit
- Close out of OHSAS 18001 1st Surveillance Audit Points
- ISO 14001 EMS Internal Auditors Training
- ISO 14001 Stage 1 Audit by Bureau Veritas
- ISO 14001 Certification end 2nd Quarter
- LASEPA required environmental analysis to be carried out and monitored Quarterly
- Follow up actions to correct/ close out observations from Quarterly LASEPA required environmental analysis.
- Procure waste bins for waste segregation
Sustainance Of Certification:
- Conduct 2 OHSAS 18001 Internal Audits
- Conduct 2 OHSAS 18001 Management Review Meetings
- Conduct General Safety /OHSAS 18001 Awareness training for all staff and contractors
- Conduct 2 ISO 14001 Internal Audits
- Conduct 2 ISO 14001 Management Review Meetings
- Conduct Environmental Awareness/ ISO 14001 training for all staff and contractors
- Retrain OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditors on 2015 standard when released
- OHSAS 18001 Re-certification
- ISO 14001 Certification
Key Accountability: People Development, Awareness And Engagement
- Conduct 132 safety observations
- Publish monthly Safety Journal to educate on pertinent safety issues
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with C&I Pool car drivers
- Conduct monthly safety meetings with Halogen security operatives
- Prepare one safety brief weekly for use at pep talks in factory and across site
- Continuously identify safety knowledge gaps by liaising with factory and trend observation
- Develop and implement training programs to close identified HSE knowledge gaps
- Ensure monthly Contractors forum holds
- Update & Communicate identify of Fire marshals, First Aiders, Safety & Environment Champions
- Conduct Fire Prevention & fighting training for Fire Wardens
- Conduct First Aider training for First Aid Team
- Conduct twice monthly meetings with First Aiders & Fire Marshals
- Conduct at least once monthly Emergency Response Drills for Awareness Sept
- Conduct Safety & Environment Week for awareness
- Increase Environmental Signage across site
- Conduct twice monthly meeting with HSE Champions
- No. of BBS completed.
- Journals published.
- Monthly minutes of contractors meetings.
- Updated safety dashboard.
- Updated list of Fire marshals, First aiders.
- Records of safety week held.
- Minutes of HSE champions meetings held.
- Reports of emergency drills held.
Key Accountability: Safety, Health & Environment (She) Operational Excellence
- Provide leadership for site HSE activities with compliance to plans 90% of time
- Analysis of trends from Safety Dashboard to be maintained
- Incident rate target to be maintained at <1
- Develop, implement and maintain audit, inspection and monitoring program regime to achieve site HSE KPI in all factories.
- Review, communicate and implement document control procedure for HSE
- Ensure smoke detection and alarm system; fire extinguishers, hose reel and hydrants are serviced as per schedule and maintained in ready-to-use conditions.
- Collate Effluent analysis report, analyse against set parameters and track corrective actions as required
- Monitor and report water accounting for each factory
- Provide HSE support during construction/ operation phases of projects for growth.
- Monthly presentation of safety trends from Dashboard during site meetings
- Updated safety dashboard.
- Report of inspections and audits conducted.
- Updated master list of controlled documents.
- Scheduled servicing of fire extinguishers, hose reels, hydrants
- Completed Job Hazard Analysis reports.
Key Accountability: Defining The Future
- Update 3 year HSE plan for Ikorodu site
- Initiate monthly safety recognition program for each factory
- Initiate monthly factory recognition program for each factory based on HSE performance
- Initiate Contractor Management System
- Conduct Waste Segregation and Environmental Management Campaign on site
- Initiate Top 5 Hazard and Control Awareness for entire site
- Attend bi-monthly PZ Cussons Site Risk Managers Meeting headed by Group Risk Manager.
- 3 year HSE Plan.
- Monthly recognition awards for each factory.
- KPI reports on contractor management system.
- Records of waste management training.
- Attendance sheet of bi-monthly Site Risk Managers meeting.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed:
- List any qualifications required to do the job. Be specific about the experience needed. Focus on type of experience not the time served
- B.Sc / M.Sc in Sciences / Engineering / Risk Management
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Health & Safety Management
- OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor training
- ISO 14001 Auditor training
- Membership of recognised safety professional body.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working in similar role with at least 3 years of management experience.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – Courage, Accountability Networking, Drive And Oneness
- Coordinates and ensures Planning and Organising of activities to achieve goals
- Takes into account a broad range of issues in Formulating strategies and vision for the future
- Shows appreciation/encouragement while Working with People rather than apportioning blame
- Gives full commitment to the Principles and values of the organisation
- Thinks more broadly about impact of actions – Analysis and Decision Making
- Establishes Interacting and Communicating networks links within and outside the organisation
- Demonstrates Personal Qualities – Drive and Resilience for achieving agreed objectives
- Able to identify how to turn subordinate’s weaknesses into strength whilst Managing People
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know