GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SSA Regional Pricing & Forecasting Leader
Job Code: R3588467
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Description Summary
- The Regional Pricing & Forecasting Leader for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) will support the Commercial & Sales teams for Gas Power Services with the development & implementation of effective pricing & customer strategies to drive profitable growth.
- You will be responsible for driving the strategy around pricing and competitive intelligence for Gas Turbine Outages to drive aftermarket parts, services, repairs, and performance upgrade packages. In addition, you will work with commercial team on long term service agreements (LTSAs)
- The Regional Pricing & Forecasting Leader will partner with the regional Sales, Commercial Ops, Services, and Engineering teams to deliver insights and drive decision making on critical customer deals that drive margin expansion for region.
- Partner with and guide the region commercial leadership team to establish business and customer segmented specific pricing strategies that are in line with margin growth.
- In addition, you will own gas turbine outage forecast strategy that will assist the team in developing a coherent and aligned price strategy for both transactional and LTSA bids.
Deliver business pricing targets through focused pricing execution:
- Be the region’s Gas Power Services pricing expert and enable effective pricing strategies by partnering with the global pricing team and the region’s Commercial and Services teams to apply segmented and differentiated price actions.
- Partner with Gas Power Services and EMEA Pole pricing leaders to establish regional price desk with clear rules, process and tools including deal evaluation templates.
- Lead weekly deal reviews with business leadership, sales, and marketing. Pull together appropriate qualitative and quantitative data for the review. Recommend & approve price adjustments to maximize value and win rate through the Price DOA process.
- Develop monitoring, tracking, and reporting capabilities of price desk results.
- Partner with global pricing segment leaders to recommend and implement optimal pricing strategies (customer segmentation, go-to market models, services level, and deal strategies) that are specific to various customer segments and profit pools within the lines of businesses.
- Be the region pricing thought leader. Train commercial, marketing, and product management resource on value-based pricing strategies. Develop strategies to move away from margin or cost-plus pricing strategies.
Drive robust competitive intelligence strategies and processes:
- Lead the region’s competitive intelligence analysis efforts through VOC and Win Loss analysis. Utilize this information to develop insights and ultimately drive corrective strategic, process and tools actions. Specifically, identify root causes for under-performing product segments, and design a business case to recover market share.
- Partner with global marketing and product management to understand competitive position, region dynamics and customer value. Support strategic roadmap process such as S2, NPI and Blueprint efforts.
- Provide feedback and insights to upgrade and optimize analytics models and dashboards for business
- Support regional teams in understanding outage forecast, SAS and driving the strategy for early engagement on key outages & opportunities.
- Train the Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) commercial and sales teams on pricing, forecasting and commercial tools, processes, and competitive intelligence to ensure consistent pricing & forecasting processes, tools, and analytics across the region to improve market share and contribution margin.
- Evaluate existing pricing behavior and practices through both quantitative and qualitative measures, including the development of pricing metrics and business intelligence
- Drive customer value pricing based on economic modeling resulting in margin and SAS expansion.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College
- A minimum of 3 years B2B pricing or comparable product management or commercial experience
- Certified Pricing Professional Designation
- Pricing Deal Desk experience
- Competitive Strategy & Win/Loss Analysis
- Commercial mindset with the ability to influence senior leadership
- Ability to translate strategy to execution. Results minded with a focus on execution
- Experience in the Power industry
- Ability to synthesize marketing and pricing information to draw insights and actionable recommendations (e.g., structure the problem, collect data, identify issues, and present results)
- Understanding of market trends, customer business models, power generation markets and GE solutions
- Understanding of pricing (total life cycle cost / lifetime value modeling), pricing modeling techniques, economic theory, game theory, and competitive intelligence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong modeling & analytical skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know