Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
We are a national, non-governmental organisation established in 1989 and registered in 1991, with a headquarter in Ibadan and three other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina respectively. Our mission is to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organisations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
Our programmes focus on mobilising people for behavioural and attitudinal changes that promote best sexual and reproductive health practices in order to reduce diseases burden, particularly STIs, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis which are currently devastating families and communities in Nigeria and globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Program Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The State Program Officer will be responsible for the overall program coordination on the RASuDiN project in the State.
- He/she will coordinate RH/FP activities including service delivery of DMPA-SC in all the service delivery points in the state as well as managing relationship with relevant stakeholders towards ensuring seamless project implementation.
- He/she will have requisite experience in RMNCH landscape.
- Coordinate and facilitate RH/FP service delivery (quality and systems strengthening) and other related activities in project anchor sites and respective satellite sites.
- Liaise with State RH/FP team and other relevant government representatives (LGA health team) to facilitate quality improvement/health system strengthening activities
- Facilitate review meetings, addressing gaps, etc. among FP service providers -Government & Community health workers
- Prepare and submit detailed progress reports on project activities on monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual basis to the project coordinator and as necessary.
- Developing innovative strategies to strengthen the effectiveness and quality of service provision in their areas of assigned responsibility.
- Proactively and efficiently managing the implementation of the project activities within their states of assignment.
- Ensure the prudent use of funds in the implementation of project activities as set out in the project plan.
- Participating in development, management and review of program activities of Community health workers.
- Liaise with other PHCDA, SMOH, CBOS, public and private Health facilities, FP sites/ clinics and other state/community partners in the state.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress of initiatives in areas of responsibility.
- Mentor and Support CORPs on service delivery and data collection.
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager.
- Applicants must be Registered Nurse (RN) and/or a Registered Midwife (RM) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science, Degree in Medicine or related field.
- Good knowledge of national health programs, health system, NGOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with stakeholders at all levels.
- Must possess hands-on experience in Family Planning Service Delivery.
- At least 6 years experience on donor funded family planning project in Nigeria.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health or Social work will be added advantage.
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online form below and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document), explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of position applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Applicants who fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;