United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, MIS Data Analytics
Job type: Permanent
- To provide timely and periodic MIS Reports on key performance indices for business segments across the Group and insights for MPR sessions for Executive Management.
- To support the development of suitable targets for the achievement of the bank’s corporate financial and non-financial goals and objectives.
- Provide KPI data and technical support for annual appraisals. Analysis or insights to support decision-making by Executive Management.
- Develop analytics models and insights to understand patterns and behaviour of customers, segments, channels and products in order to drive efficiency and revenue.
- Automate reports and processes within Group Strategy & Performance Management to make for efficiency and improved customer experience.
- Execute MIS data cleansing and governance activities.
- Customer, segment, channels and product profitability reporting.
- Manage and maintain common performance language and definitions that are universal across the Group.
- Next-generation on business reporting and digital dashboards:
- My Customer Performance Dashboards.
- My Business Performance Dashboards.
- SBU portfolio sizing and analytics vis-à-vis PCM & RM manning requirements & configurations.
- Supervise, lead, and motivate team members to enable them to deliver on their KPIs and Key Success Factor (KSF).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any related field
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field or relevant professional certification (CFA, ACCA, ACA, ACIB etc.) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4-8 years of experience in finance and performance management in the banking industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Business and Financial analysis
- Performance Management
- Excellent interpretation of the bank’s aspirations into measurable details
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN policies and the business environment
- Excellent oral and communications skill
- Advanced interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Excellent listening skill
- Leadership and motivation.
- We are looking for a candidate who has excellent listening, oral & communication skills and an accounting background, who would participate in the bank’s drive to attract more investments from identified target groups. One who also has a good understanding of financial markets.
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online