ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services.
We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Planning & Design, Wireline
Job ID: 81
Function: Planning and Design
Reporting to: Head, Planning & Design
Travel Frequency: N / A
Purpose of the Job
- To produce designed documentation that supports the OSP infrastructure deployment.
Expected Key Results:
- Timely delivery of outside plant design
- First level support to team members
- Resource management
- Vendor delivery supervision
- Deliver cost-efficient outside plant designs.
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering and other related disciplines (Minimum of Second Class Lower / Upper Credit)
- Fibre Certifications: CFOT with emphasis on FTTh Technologies would be an added advantage
- Competent in working with geospatial information system applications – QGIS, ArcGIS
- Competent in the use of spreadsheet applications to perform wide-ranging analysis – LibreCalc, Microsoft Excel
- Competent in the use of Computer Aided Design tools – AutoCAD, FreeCAD
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principle involved in production or precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Programming knowledge and experience or should have a strong predisposition for programming – Python, Java, VisualBasic, etc
- Conversant with regulations, rules and conventions as stipulated by National and local Regulatory Authorities – LASIMRA, FCDA, NCC, etc
- Hands-on knowledge of GIS applications – QGIS.
- A Team Lead with at least 2 years’ experience in managing sizeable and diverse teams.
- Proficient use of fibre testing and handling tools – OTDRs, splicing machines, etc.
- Experience in working through the planning and design life cycle with internal teams – conceptualization, plan, surveys, design, design documentation.
- Experienced in supervising third-party contractor teams through the planning & design life cycle.
- Experience in conducting Demographic Survey and analysis for outside plan coverage.
- Experience in Technical Site Survey for fibre Outside Plant deployments.
- Knowledge of planning for Central Office & Inside Plant deployment.
- Ability to produce and report site survey outcomes.
- Ability to translate results of Demographic and Technical Site surveys into planning scenarios.
- Experience in producing Outside Plant and Inside Plant expansion designs and all associated reports as may be required.
- Hands-on experience in managing third party Outside Plant design contractor teams.
- Spatial appreciation and dimensioning of built environment and use.
- Proficiency in use of GIS applications – Google Earth, Open Street Map, Open Street View.
- Thorough understanding of fibre cable technologies.
- Data acquisition skills using field notes and mobile e-form applications.
- Fibre plant maintenance & customer activation
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Nimble Learning
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Drives Engagement
- Drives Vision & Purpose
- Excellent Decision Quality.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before you apply, it is very important you learn the following;