United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Transfer Pricing Specialist
Location: Marina, Lagos (Head Office)
Job Type: Permanent
- To ensure UBA Group complies with the Transfer Pricing Regulations in all the countries where it operates.
- Prepare the Country-by-Country reporting and ensure they are filed in line with regulatory requirements.
- Review annual TP documentation reports, (i.e. the master file, and local file for each entity), annual TP returns prepared for each country, and the group’s annual country-by-country reports.
- Ensure compliance with reporting and other requirements of transfer pricing regulations in all jurisdictions across the Group.
- Ensure transfer pricing documentation is up to date and meets relevant regulatory requirements in all the entities within the Group.
- Management and update of group-wide TP policies as required in line with the Group strategy and relevant legislation in all jurisdictions across the Group.
- Develop procedures for the effective implementation of the Group TP policy and monitor compliance (by group entities) with laid down TP policies.
- Develop pricing templates relevant to the application of transfer pricing policies for intragroup transactions.
- Ensure that transfer prices between the parties within the Group reflect the arm’s length rules as specified in the various tax legislations and coordinate the acceptance of those rules by the subsidiaries on the basis of equity and fairness to all stakeholders.
- Develop TP compliance processes, procedures and checklists as required for ongoing monitoring and execution of the group’s TP policies and discharge the group’s TP compliance obligations.
- Periodically assess the transfer pricing risks for entities across the Group and articulate recommendations to address those risks.
- Review the transfer pricing mechanism for any tax leakages and provide possible recommendations.
- Review transfer pricing regulations across the jurisdictions where the group operates and identify issues as they relate to the group.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tax authorities across the jurisdictions where the group operates.
- Work closely with entities under TP audit and coordinate responses and submissions to tax authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly accrual for transfer pricing charges to the subsidiaries.
- Review operating cost relating to transfer pricing services and allocate to the subsidiaries using the pricing template and appropriate allocation keys.
- Review and prepare quarterly invoice for head office charges to the subsidiaries.
- Liaise with CFO Africa and Head, Subsidiary Tax in respect of tax and TP issues and opportunities in each jurisdiction.
- Work with subsidiaries to resolve TP issues and seize tax opportunities.
- First Degree in Economics, Finance or other related fields
- Professional certifications in Transfer Pricing/Tax
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- OECD and UN Transfer Pricing Guidelines
- Nigerian Transfer Pricing Regulations, 2018
- Model Tax Convention on Income and on Capital
- Analytical skills
- Business writing
- Statistical skills.
- Our ideal candidate must have a good understanding of the OECD and UN Transfer Pricing Guideline Nigerian Transfer Pricing Regulations, 2018, Model Tax Convention on Income and on capital, excellent analytical skills etc.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
Sunday; 28th August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online